My build 9926 installed fine but OneNote is still same as the old one, why didn't it upgrade?

Ambious

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Build 9926 installed fine - but OneNote is still same as the old one

I was really looking forward to trying the new OneNote, so I updated my Windows 10 install on my laptop (which I use regularly) and to my dismay found the version of OneNote is the same. I tried updating in the Market, but it's still plain-old-boring-Windows8.1-ish OneNote (version 16.0.3327.1030).

I read everywhere that the new OneNote should be in here, but it's just not. I tried installing it from the "Store (Beta)" but that's just, well... nothing much works in there.

Anyone experienced this? Anyone have an idea?
I even tried a reinstall from the ISO (upgrade install) and it's still the same old OneNote.

Any ideas?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Build 9926 installed fine - but OneNote is still same as the old one

Uninstall it, then go to the beta store, check for updates.
I hope this help, I read it in somewhere in forums

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Odd. The OneNote that's package with the build should say "OneNote Preview" on the splash screen. Version 160.3629.1005. You may need to uninstall the version you got from the "Store". Also, not sure if it matters, but did you install the latest updates for the 9926 build?

Ambious

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

I tried that, but for some reason I don't have 'Updates' in the Beta store, which is also weird.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

I tried that, but for some reason I don't have 'Updates' in the Beta store, which is also weird.

If I go to the Beta Store, OneNote says "Install" as if I don't have it. The new preview version should be preloaded in Build 9926 by default.

Ambious

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

I did indeed. I also tried uninstalling the one from the "Store"("Market"? I can't keep up!) but if I reinstall it it reinstalls the old version, and if I try to install using the "Beta" Store - well, nothing happens, my Beta store also seems broken.

Ambious

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

I even tried THAT, albeit ontop of the current install rather than formatting and starting anew (which I will do eventually if nothing else works).

Edit: After nothing worked, I formatted and did a clean install. Now everything works great - OneNote AND Store (Beta).
Just a note to anyone out there having this issue after upgrading from a previous build: the upgrade messes things up, better clean install.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb