Surface Pro 2 Windows 10 Issues

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I installed Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 2 and have identified the following issues:
  • Host Process for Setting Synchronization runs almost constantly. I've never noticed it before so I'm calling it a bug.
  • Touchpad on cover seems glitchy. It is not as precise as before.
  • Power button doesn't put system to sleep properly. I've had to set it to hibernate instead. Otherwise it will just turn back on in the confines of my backpack.
  • Tablet mode turns off the ability to actually do anything on the desktop. Why? I'd still like to access my desktop shortcuts.
  • While I understand the idea behind the new start screen, it'd be nice if it still populated with the programs and folders from Windows 8.
  • Left side swipe goes to the desktop select screen rather than change through apps. Given that the now permanent taskbar has a desktop select button, why was this changed? At the very least, give us the option to change it back.
  • Actually, give us the option to set up Tablet mode to function like Windows 8 in total. More control is a good thing. I may like the way Windows 8 works while someone else may prefer the Windows 10 setup. Give us the option to set all of the touch gestures.
  • When in tablet mode, there is no way to get to the settings of metro apps. This makes no sense.
  • No, I don't want to exit tablet mode. Stop asking. In fact, allow us to turn off the auto function. Give us "Stay in Tablet," "Stay in Desktop," "Ask," and "Auto." We have a shortcut in the action center to change it if we want.
  • IE has trouble running internet videos. Blip.TV works but not YouTube.
  • Windows 10 doesn't seem to run as many background apps as Windows 8.
  • OneDrive. I've been vocal on this. I really don't need to say anything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999