How to "Hide Update" on Build 9926?

jjuswell

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone help me with that? I use old video driver, but when I check updates, windows automatically install the newest one. And the newest one is not working properly. On earlier builds (and on 7/8/8.1) I used "Hide Update" feature. But now I can't do this. So, maybe anyone know how to hide updates in 9926?

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I had this same issue and found out on the insider forum you can fix it with a couple registry edits
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsUpdate/UX
There is a key in the UX folder and another one in UX/Settings each with a value of 1. Change them both to 0 and that will re-enable the windows update settings in control panel where you can hide the updates.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Before my domain group policy took over and changed the settings I was able to view updates and could check which ones I wanted to install. seemed like it still had the same functionality as the old one. If you don't have the option to select notify to download under advanced options of windows update you can set this through local policy using gpedit.msc. Computer configuration -> administrative templates -> windows components -> windows update then select your settings under Configure Automatic Updates.

jjuswell

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, it re-enables the windows update settings in control panel. I can choose what to hide now.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos