06-23-2016 04:00 PM
117 12345
tools
    DUUUUUUUDE da guy who explains his pc specs has a really nice computer. You can probably even run GTA5 on it with at least 30 fps
    05-20-2015 06:56 PM
    Start Menu is horribly broken. Really "broken" is enough but in this case all of my shortcuts don't work anymore since the last update.

I'm forced to open File Manager, find the program folder, executable and start a program that way. I realize, as most people do, this is a preview build, but come on, really! At least the Menu should work.

Also, why in the world do I need in some cases to right-click and run anything as Admin???
    Hebrews12v2 likes this.
    05-21-2015 07:41 PM
    Thanks! This worked for me also in Build 10122. I believe it happened when I enabled/added a new user account.
    05-30-2015 01:58 AM
    Nothing mentioned here works. Amazing such a bug is so common and Microsoft are not on top of it. :(
    05-30-2015 08:43 PM
    i dont know where action center :v
    06-03-2015 08:10 AM
    In my case this problem occurred in build 10130. After encountering this problem which began following a batch of updates on 12th June I tried most of the solutions posted here & they failed to work for me. My simple solution which did work for me; Right click on desktop, select "Personalize", click on "Start" tab Customise list and switch on "Occasionally show app and content suggestions in the Start menu", switch on "Store and display recently opened programs in Start" and switch on "Show the recently added apps group". I feel that one of the recent updates may have changed the switch settings.
    Hope this works for you :-)
    Bradyns, Tornado92 and Neik like this.
    06-12-2015 09:11 PM
    Thanks but only store(Beta) started working.
    could anyone suggest way for start and cortana
    06-13-2015 02:35 AM
    Getting the same problem on build 10130.

Tried mentioned fixes and neither worked

06-16-2015 04:18 PM
    Thank you so much! For me it was the "Store and display recently opened programs in Start". After I enabled that feature, the start menu worked again..
    06-20-2015 03:44 AM
    In my case this problem occurred in build 10130. After encountering this problem which began following a batch of updates on 12th June I tried most of the solutions posted here & they failed to work for me. My simple solution which did work for me; Right click on desktop, select "Personalize", click on "Start" tab Customise list and switch on "Occasionally show app and content suggestions in the Start menu", switch on "Store and display recently opened programs in Start" and switch on "Show the recently added apps group". I feel that one of the recent updates may have changed the switch settings.
    Thank you so much! For me it was the "Store and display recently opened programs in Start". After I enabled that feature, the start menu worked again..
    06-20-2015 03:46 AM
    Bugga, you are bloody legend..

I guess they want us to stress test these options before the peasants get the OS.
    06-21-2015 04:35 AM
    Exactly in the same situation???

Any updates on a resolution?
    06-26-2015 08:43 PM
    FINALLY found a fix for my Start Menu issue, and I can't even believe how easy it was:

If you go to Settings/Personalization/Start, and turn on the first three options- Suggestions, Recently Opened, and Recently Installed, the start menu will return (or, at least, it did for me).
    I went back, and turned them off, and the menu went away again.

Not sure if it will work for you, but it's the ONLY fix that I've found on the net that worked for me.

I hope this help you guys!
    07-03-2015 05:43 PM
    It worked. Thanks you..
    07-10-2015 12:28 PM
    Worked for me on Build 10240, fantastic thanks a lot.
    I had to reset my PC and Surface Pro multiples times, each time resulting in the loss of all installed programs.
    I think the problem was caused by one of the programs I installed and I suspect Adobe Cloud CC to be the culprit; however I'm not inclined to test it for confirmation.
    07-16-2015 10:36 AM
    Hi there, was searching for a solution to this and then foudn the answer myself by accident.
    Right click on the task bar and then click properties, click the tab called Navigation and then at the bottom click the button that says "show start on the display I'm using when I press the Windows logo key"

Fixed it for me
    07-23-2015 12:47 PM
    Why are people still using this ancient build?
    taymur likes this.
    07-26-2015 12:04 PM
    Why is this thread still open in the firts place.
    07-26-2015 12:24 PM

i was starting to go insane, have just upgraded to official release and start menu wouldnt respond.
    This worked great after powershell, regedit and doing a raindance :D
    07-29-2015 06:18 AM
    I have found the perfect solution in my case:

This fixed my broken Windows search:

Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
    Key in PowerShell and hit Enter.
    Right click on the PowerShell icon on the taskbar and select Run as Administrator.
    Now paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

As soon as I let it run its course, everything appeared as expected.
    07-31-2015 04:40 PM
    None of the solutions have worked for me. I finally managed to download w10 today and now have to deal with this problem. Please, anymore solutions would be appreciated
    07-31-2015 10:03 PM
    I installed Windows 10 yesterday, the official release. I have literally tried every solution, and nothing works. I can open programs on the taskbar, but the Start Button, navigator bar thing, and windows exe. do not work. I cannot open folders or the control panel. Nothing.

Windows is stupid sometimes.
    08-01-2015 10:37 AM
    I had this problem also!...I tried right clicking on clock on the bottom right, and then clicked properties...entered settings, and tried updating every single updates present...checked for updates again, and installed all...restarted and it worked!...took time, but prevented me re installing the whole system!
    08-01-2015 10:51 AM
    i still cannot
    08-01-2015 10:57 PM
    And how do you get the update for this fix?
    08-02-2015 08:17 AM
117 12345