Windows 10 Start Menu Broken Build 9926

Hirun Srichintai

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Go to Action Center, and activate Tablet Mode. Try if Start Menu works and come back to "normal mode".
If don't work: Open PowerShell as Admin and try this:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

can resolve my broken my Start Menu, thanks

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
For me startmenu/screen works, but search/cortana is still buggy in tablet mode in startscreen. With touch or the search key on my type cover I just can not access search. I actually have to go into desktop mode for search to work. I think it's a bug.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Go to Action Center, and activate Tablet Mode. Try if Start Menu works and come back to "normal mode".
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

and press enter

Worked for me. Thank you.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Ricardo, thanks for your solution. At least I got the powershell run through this time. But start menu, action center and modern app still don't work. (closing the search magnifier icon in task manager is the key for the script to be executed).

View attachment 95136

Dell Vostro 3750. i7 3612qm, 8gb ram. 750gb hdd, 64 bit. radeon 7670hd. windows 10

To help identify this issue in more specific way, I hope people can post what kind of hardware they are using.

mine is Lenovo y500: Intel core i7 3630, 8gb ram, 128gb ssd, 64bit windows 10

rv_12

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
That worked for me, had a panic when it was not working due to admin privilege. Thanks again for posting what worked for you Richardo Zandonai

slayer6409

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
​This worked for me
Hit The Windows Key + R
Type "regedit"
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance
Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value, call it "EnableXamlStartMenu"
You Can Either Restart your Pc or You Can
Follow these Steps:
Hit CTRL + Shift + Escape
Hit More Details if it is not showing much
scroll down until you See Windows Explorer
Restart It :excited:

Roodolpt

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
open task mananger and close search "magnifier icon" and run powoershell as a root
to do that i make win+r powershell.exe after open go in task bar click with other mouse buton inside powershell icon and run as a administrator and execute

Work to me =D

Sry for my bad english

This Method worked for me
But I am curious as to what caused it in the
first place

Roodolpt

Last edited:

DogPound_JD

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Let me add some things to the POWERSHELL solution.
1. Without the Start menu, you can launch powershell by hitting "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" to launch the Task Manager.
Inside the Task Manager, click "File" --> "Run new Task".
Once the Run Dialog opens, you can launch powershell by typing "powershell.exe" (and be sure to select "Create this task with administrative privileges." or the PowerShell command will fail.

2. This worked for me, thanks!

3. Powershell really doesn't tell you its finished, just that it has 21 (or something) number of tasks that aren't being shown. But, once it seems to be done, it probably is.

danilo guzman

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Let me add some things to the POWERSHELL solution.
1. Without the Start menu, you can launch powershell by hitting "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" to launch the Task Manager.
Inside the Task Manager, click "File" --> "Run new Task".
Once the Run Dialog opens, you can launch powershell by typing "powershell.exe" (and be sure to select "Create this task with administrative privileges." or the PowerShell command will fail.

2. This worked for me, thanks!

3. Powershell really doesn't tell you its finished, just that it has 21 (or something) number of tasks that aren't being shown. But, once it seems to be done, it probably is.

you can also right click on where the windows menu icon is, and go to search even if start menu does not open it will give you the right click options

Khary Simmonds

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
THANKS MAN YOUR METHOD "Go to Action Center, and activate Tablet Mode. Try if Start Menu works and come back to "normal mode".
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}"

WORKED BEAUTIFULLY

Cristian126

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Start Menu Broken Build 10041

I've tried all ways from this thread, but no solution worked for me.

A few hours ago, I've done a clean install with the build 10041 and all thing were working great. But at once the start-menu does not open and it won't react. Against this the Searchbar works without problems.

Does anyone have an idea?

Cristian126

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I've found a simple solution which works for me :smile::

1. Download the .iso file of the actual Build.
2. Open Setup.exe
3. Click at "Install Updates"

All desktop programs, Apps and Settings are staying the same as before. But most of the errors are repaired.

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
If anyone has issues with locating powershell, right click the start menu go to cmd run as admin and then in the command prompt type powershell, hit enter and then copy paste the powershell solution, ignore errors and wait for it to complete, worked for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa