Windows 10 Start Menu Broken Build 9926

antrax32

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} Worked for me, LOVE YOU! :love: <3

anon(4895989)

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Start menu, Cortana, both do not work. I got an error when trying poewrshell. I cannot create a new user settings comes on screen for 1 second and disappears right away. Any other solutions?

lukewilliam

May 1, 2015
Visit site
For me the problem came from Windows updating itself to the Newest build named "Pro Insider" I've already stopped it from doing this twice but did it overnight while I was asleep.

Because that new build was buggy as all crap to the point where I couldn't even get past the login screen I rolled back to 9926 (what I wanted anyway) Since then I cant open the Start Menu or the notification center, co-incidentally, these are the two things I opened in the new build before deciding to restart my computer after updating my GPU settings.

I've tried the powershell option all I get is access denied. Ive tried the regedit option and restart and nothing.

i5 4960k, 8gb 1866 ram, 120GB SSD, 64 bit Windows 10 9926 (roll back)

For the record in case I end up doing a clean install, is there a way to totally disable Windows from updating to the latest builds, there doesn't seem as much options in the update centre and this build worked flawlessly before the update screwed it up lol

tnsisco

May 1, 2015
Visit site

Solution

After an update the start button didn't work anymore. I searched a little in the web and after several useless trys I found a solution when I added a new user account.

Cause:
If you delete some tiles from the start-bar, the start-button would't react at all.

Solution:
After I deleted the folder "AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" it worked again. So you need to fix this and It'll work without reinstalling WinTen.
Everything else is working great for now.

NOW I just registered here to post this.
Good Luck to all of us in using this piece of greate software.

Cerov Marian

May 6, 2015
Visit site
For me works the 2nd one . Thanks

How u know that how u learn it ? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Regards

Gadd99

May 7, 2015
Visit site
​This worked for me
Hit The Windows Key + R
Type "regedit"
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance
Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value, call it "EnableXamlStartMenu"
You Can Either Restart your Pc or You Can
Follow these Steps:
Hit CTRL + Shift + Escape
Hit More Details if it is not showing much
scroll down until you See Windows Explorer
Restart It :excited:

This also worked for me as well!

Fynn Eberhard

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the following problem with build 10074, The start menu does not come up and nothing happens when I tried the all the methods shown in this post.

pickettd

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! The PowerShell method worked. I have been not using the start menu for days as it suddenly just stopped working. The last thing I did before it stopped was add mail accounts to outlook. I don't think it would be related.

Although this thread is for build 9926, I am on build 10074 and this issue has happened twice to me.

System details:
Asus N55S.
Intel i7 2Ghz
8GM Ram
GeForce GT 555M 2GB

MajorPayne5811

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Start Menu is horribly broken. Really "broken" is enough but in this case all of my shortcuts don't work anymore since the last update.

I'm forced to open File Manager, find the program folder, executable and start a program that way. I realize, as most people do, this is a preview build, but come on, really! At least the Menu should work.

Also, why in the world do I need in some cases to right-click and run anything as Admin???

bugga

May 11, 2015
Visit site
In my case this problem occurred in build 10130. After encountering this problem which began following a batch of updates on 12th June I tried most of the solutions posted here & they failed to work for me. My simple solution which did work for me; Right click on desktop, select "Personalize", click on "Start" tab Customise list and switch on "Occasionally show app and content suggestions in the Start menu", switch on "Store and display recently opened programs in Start" and switch on "Show the recently added apps group". I feel that one of the recent updates may have changed the switch settings.
Hope this works for you :)

Neik

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much! For me it was the "Store and display recently opened programs in Start". After I enabled that feature, the start menu worked again..

Neik

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
In my case this problem occurred in build 10130. After encountering this problem which began following a batch of updates on 12th June I tried most of the solutions posted here & they failed to work for me. My simple solution which did work for me; Right click on desktop, select "Personalize", click on "Start" tab Customise list and switch on "Occasionally show app and content suggestions in the Start menu", switch on "Store and display recently opened programs in Start" and switch on "Show the recently added apps group". I feel that one of the recent updates may have changed the switch settings.
Hope this works for you :)

Thank you so much! For me it was the "Store and display recently opened programs in Start". After I enabled that feature, the start menu worked again..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa