08-14-2015 09:13 PM
160 ... 567
tools
    OMG, THEY'RE NOT GOING TO IMPROVE THE TABLET UI!!! They don't have time to fix anything and it's going to rtm any day now! JAS00555, YOU'RE *WRONG* WHEN YOU SAID THERE'S TIME LEFT TO FIX IT

Leaked Windows 10 build 10056 shows improvements to tablet mode, more | Windows Central
    It's all cosmetics. There is no substantial fix for the main issues we see with touch right now. The status bar is still always on and can't be hidden in tablet mode. The idea of putting all apps and power button right above each other is a clear sign they really do not have a clue.

There is no real improvement here, it's still just a full screen Start Menu and it's still not a touch optimised UI/UX. Sure, it's an improvement over the previous build and I would not have expected anything else. But as far as the UI/UX goes this is what we'll be stuck with for WIN10 and it's a major step back from the 8.1 experience. I just re-installed 8.1 on my tablet and there's just no comparing the two versions, 8 is so much better.
    04-11-2015 09:13 AM
    Despite your condescending strawman response,
    There will always be people who choose to deliberately counter any reasonable arguments or discussion with a lot of screaming and shouting and attempts at bullying people in to staying quiet. It is what it is and these folks are everywhere.

Your points are obviously correct and make perfect sense. That is not something the people who are here just to stir the pot would understand or even care.
    04-11-2015 09:17 AM
    I just want to reiterate something, even in tablet mode metro apps do not open in FULL SCREEN mode, they open maximized with the taskbar at the bottom.

This got me today as I was using the VMWARE Horizon app to connect to a work VDI and then RDP into my work pc and the RDP session through the VDI did not correctly render in full screen until I hid the taskbar, once taskbar was gone the rdp session correctly rendered a full screen rdp session with no scroll bars.

This damn taskbar has to go in tablet mode as it will cause alot of issues when using metro apps that expect a full screen available to them.
    04-17-2015 08:45 PM
    This taskbar at the bottom is one of my biggest issues with Windows 10 on tablets. I HATE IT. I also can't understand why Edge doesn't support swipes for back and forward like Win 8 did or why it uses tabs at the top instead of the great way 8 and 8.1 handled tabs. MS One step forward two steps back
    08-12-2015 12:58 AM
    This taskbar at the bottom is one of my biggest issues with Windows 10 on tablets. I HATE IT.
    I take it having the task bar auto-hide isn't either doesn't work at all or it doesn't work well as a work-around? (I haven't tried it, but I don't really mind the taskbar.)

I also can't understand why Edge doesn't support swipes for back and forward like Win 8 did or why it uses tabs at the top instead of the great way 8 and 8.1 handled tabs. MS One step forward two steps back
    The swipes were a nice gesture. Maybe they'll be added back in?
    08-13-2015 12:50 PM
    I take it having the task bar auto-hide isn't either doesn't work at all or it doesn't work well as a work-around? (I haven't tried it, but I don't really mind the taskbar.)

The swipes were a nice gesture. Maybe they'll be added back in?
    I am getting used to it but would much prefer it not being there. The problem with hiding it is anytime I tap or scroll towards the bottom it pops up. To me it's just a waste of screen space in tablet mode. Also I want it always visible in desktop mode and hiding it just to go to tablet mode is just annoying.
    08-13-2015 12:53 PM
    I am getting used to it but would much prefer it not being there. The problem with hiding it is anytime I tap or scroll towards the bottom it pops up. To me it's just a waste of screen space in tablet mode. Also I want it always visible in desktop mode and hiding it just to go to tablet mode is just annoying.

Autohide taskbar is a glitchy mess currently. It also hides the taskbar on the desktop, it syncs this setting across PC's unless you turn off themes sync and it sometimes doesn't pull up like you want it to.

I refuse to upgrade my main tablet until the Taskbar issues is worked out and I'm able to use a web browser that give me a Metro IE touch like experience.

I do not understand Why MS could not have given us the choice of these in the Tablet Mode settings area.

Hide Taskbar in Tablet mode on/off
    Allow full screen web browsing in Edge on/off
    Allow swipe forward/back for page navigation in Edge on/off
    Allow swipe through open apps on/off

These options could be added to the Tablet mode area and help greatly improve Tablet use and not effect MS's direction with Win 10.

4 easily implemented user configurable options would pretty much fix Win 10 for me.
    08-13-2015 01:06 PM
    You pretty much summed up my feelings exactly. The only reason I have not went back to 8.1 on my Surface is the Xbox streaming. I use it when my wife watches movies or Netflix etc. with that I have a way of playing all my consoles without the TV. Vita for the PS4, Xbox App on the Surface and the Gamepad on the Wii.
    08-13-2015 01:08 PM
    I can understand that. It would be nice if there were an option "Never, ever, ever show the taskbar in tablet mode. In desktop mode a) always show it, b) auto-hide it.

I guess I'm lucky that it doesn't bother me but can appreciate the nuisance it is if you never want to see it.
    08-13-2015 01:23 PM
    It's not so much that I never want to see it. Its more that I think its a waste of space.
    08-14-2015 09:13 PM
160 ... 567