trying to revert back to windows 8.1 (via usb installation media)

sylau90

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, can anyone help me? I have been following the instruction on insider program page in order to revert back to windows 8.1,

But , when I clicked on the setup.exe, I have to options, download updates or no. When I clicked download updates, it asks me to restart pc, after I restarted the pc and nothing happens.

test1.png

when I clicked no thanks, it gives me the error below

test2.png

Can anyone help with this?

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When I downgraded I turned off bit blocker from Windows, disabled secure boot, and enabled legacy boot options (both) from BIOS and when the PC restarted booted directly to the USB using the BIOS boot menu to re-install Windows 8.1.

sylau90

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
When I downgraded I turned off bit blocker from Windows, disabled secure boot, and enabled legacy boot options (both) from BIOS and when the PC restarted booted directly to the USB using the BIOS boot menu to re-install Windows 8.1.

So you go the fresh install way ? Actually I am trying to keep all my files and programs intact, if fresh install is the only way to do it, I think I will only do it when Microsoft don't allow direct upgrade path from tech preview to RTM or we have to repurchase the product key for win 10.

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So you go the fresh install way ? Actually I am trying to keep all my files and programs intact, if fresh install is the only way to do it, I think I will only do it when Microsoft don't allow direct upgrade path from tech preview to RTM or we have to repurchase the product key for win 10.

Sorry I missed your post. I had some hardware issues and wanted a clean install to fix errors I got in Windows files because that. I ran the sfc command to fix Windows but I'm somewhat paranoid and decided to clean install it and be happy forever. I tried to restore from a system image I still have but the Windows 10 restore didn't allowed me to do it.

I never thought in keeping my files since I have everything in OneDrive :( The time to reinstall programs and apply updates was my only concern.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro