How do I get Cortana working on my Build 9926?

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Cortana not working on Build 9926.

Well, I downloaded the Build 9926 today (1st February, 2015, I have a slow Net connection) and quite sadly, the most awesome feature of all i.e Cortana, is not working. When I click the search box (icon as well) a white blank flyover appears and then it disappears. Whoosh!
Sometimes, the introduction which says - "Hi, I am Cortana, your super-assistant. No cape required." with a "Allow" and "Deny" option below do appears but I cant click anything there. It juts does not register the click. Can someone please help me?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana not working on Build 9926.

Region should be set to US in settings and main Language (on top) should be set to US English. This will bring Cortana to you but as it is in trial you may not find her as the best assistant. I know as I have turned her off. I dont mind waiting till it is an official release.

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

Region should be set to US in settings and main Language (on top) should be set to US English. This will bring Cortana to you but as it is in trial you may not find her as the best assistant. I know as I have turned her off. I dont mind waiting till it is an official release.

Yeah I already have that. Do u think that even the introduction as Hi, I am Cortana would appear if I hadn't done that?
I think it's a problem with Cortana's files.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

It being a OS under testing who knows what combination of hardware, firmware and sys config can cause. Only reporting the effects can affect the final product. I now for sure that no one here will have any definitive answer. I would suggest that you go into the search box next to start and type in windows feedback. the result will have a modern app with windows feedback name. follow the prompts and report the error. No one here will have a solution here for a under testing software. It might bring something in the new update that will address this issue.

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

It being a OS under testing who knows what combination of hardware, firmware and sys config can cause. Only reporting the effects can affect the final product. I now for sure that no one here will have any definitive answer. I would suggest that you go into the search box next to start and type in windows feedback. the result will have a modern app with windows feedback name. follow the prompts and report the error. No one here will have a solution here for a under testing software. It might bring something in the new update that will address this issue.

Okay thanks. I will try resetting my PC and see if that works. Or else, I will have to love without Cortana till the next build (or more) 😢

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Maybe it would help if you install the update available to fix this. An update which has been discussed here and elsewhere quite frequently..

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

Maybe it would help if you install the update available to fix this. An update which has been discussed here and elsewhere quite frequently..

And that's why I have created a different post. I downloaded the update and THEN it did not work. See, I am not like other querying people. I try everything first myself and then come here for help of the issue is not resolved,

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

And that's why I have created a different post. I downloaded the update and THEN it did not work. See, I am not like other querying people. I try everything first myself and then come here for help of the issue is not resolved,
I believe that your update was the next build which was just supposed to be an internal one for MS employees only. It was shown by accident to some users when they did the previous update.

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

I believe that your update was the next build which was just supposed to be an internal one for MS employees only. It was shown by accident to some users when they did the previous update.

Nope
It was the one that included all of those fixes with the start menu, and what not. So, I installed THE update. But it's still not fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss