Start menu not opening, and neither is settings

Abhishek P

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So, I installed tech preview build 9926 today, and was checking it out, but the start menu is not opening, and the settings app also gets stuck in the splash screen. What can I do to get them working?

Sandeep Parandekar

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
So, I installed tech preview build 9926 today, and was checking it out, but the start menu is not opening, and the settings app also gets stuck in the splash screen. What can I do to get them working?

Sign out and sign in Again. It worked for me.

Also one restart will fix all these issues.

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
After installing the build there are additional updates you need to install, if you haven't already, install these via Windows Update, re-start and see if that helps

Abhishek P

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
After installing the build there are additional updates you need to install, if you haven't already, install these via Windows Update, re-start and see if that helps

Well yea, but the problem is settings or any other modern app isn't opening, so I can't open windows update right now

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
How to reinstall?
Should I download build 9926 again?

Download the relevant ISO file and double-click on it. It will then open in File Explorer. Double-click on setup and go away and make yourself a coffee. It takes about 30 minutes to reinstall.

Once you have everything back up and working correctly create a systemimage backup on an external drive "just in case"

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/system-image-windows-8-1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss