(Solved) Beta store doesn't install anything

Ambious

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Any app I try to install from the Beta store doesn't install, the button just becomes blank and nothing else happens.
And I REALLY want to try the new office previews.
Anyone had this issue?
(edit: solved, see below)

Last edited:

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The beta has no such functionality yet. Use the normal Store.

Well, the normal store doesn't have it, I suppose.

Last edited:

VladCarlsson

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Beta store doesn't install anything

I got the same problem, since I installed it. I even tried to reinstall by completely formatting my HDD. I also tried using another Outlook account. Nothing helps...

I'm on the United States region... I tried other regions but it won't work at all.

Ambious

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

Now that we've confirmed it's a recurring issue, what should we try to solve it?

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Well, you can safely ignore my previous post, because I installed Office Preview just fine. Try the links from the app instead of Store Search

VladCarlsson

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Store (Beta) won't install any app, not only the Office Preview. I won't install anything that's available on it :D

Ambious

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

Well, you can safely ignore my previous post, because I installed Office Preview just fine. Try the links from the app instead of Store Search

I did, once I click the link it opens it in the beta store.
Maybe I'll try changing default behavior.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Any app I try to install from the Beta store doesn't install, the button just becomes blank and nothing else happens.
And I REALLY want to try the new office previews.
Anyone had this issue?
I just installed Excel, PowerPoint, and Word previews - from the Beta Store. Have you installed the latest Windows 10 updates (and reboot) yet?

twitah

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

I can't install anything from the grey Store (Beta). I've tried it in my tablet and laptop with different account, region, language, installed all updates, and even proxy still won't allow me to install any apps. After I press install button, it become unable/grey out.

Ambious

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

Found the solution for me.
It ended up being the "Format" field under the "Regional" settings.

Doesn't matter that my primary language, display language, and even over-ride system language are all English, the Beta Store looks at the "Format" field. This one:

FileDownloadHandler.png

If it's not set to "English (United States)" the beta store will not function correctly!
Once I changed that to "English (United States)", closed and reopened the store - everything started working smoothly.
Changed it back to "Hebrew" as it was before - store stopped working - install button became unresponsive.

I found this via the windows event viewer, where I found this error:

DownloadUrl failed - 404 for https://displaycatalog.md.mp.micros...et=neutral&language=he-IL&fieldsTemplate=Full
Function: DownloadUrl
Source: The parameter is incorrect. (enduser\windowsupdate\client\installagent\dll\httphelpers.cpp)

So I realized it had to be picking up the "He-IL" string from somewhere, and the only place I had it set was the "Format" field above (which usually doesn't affect apps)

Not sure about other regional settings (As I have them all set on English (United States) already) but you might wanna look into those settings if you're still having issues.

twitah

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

Thankyou Ambious! Your solution confirmed working by me. I can now finally install any apps from store beta.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I was hoping it would solve my other apps problems, weird because I've installed the Universal Office apps, but not able to update these-
AppsUpdateError.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05