Apps downloaded from the Beta Store dont work. Its say this app cant open. Check the windows store.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can tell both stores in the TP do work. I do agree though that the "original" store works a bit better at downloading apps than the beta store. Also it seems that updating apps works better currently in the original app conmpared to the bet store app. Running 9926 on a surface pro.

Nicholas Diaz

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same exact problem till I did the cmd in cmd prompt as admin type dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup let it run its course afterwords for me apps started opening Beta Store working great hope I was of some help to you have a great day and good luck

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I am having issues with the beta store now as well. The office preview apps stopped working. I get some kind of pop up saying the apps need an update and to download it from the store. Tried it. Nothing works. Tried reinstalling the apps, but even then they don't work anymore. I can't find office preview in the "regular" store. Anyone else running into this issue?

cgavula

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people (including myself) are reporting some or all of the preview apps stopped working. The general response from MS so far, hasn't been terribly helpful. They did. however indicate that something happened within their licensing engine and that they attempted to correct it and were telling people to uninstall the apps, reinstall the apps, then reboot, but it didn't work for anyone as far as I can tell. It's still broken for a lot of people.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people (including myself) are reporting some or all of the preview apps stopped working. The general response from MS so far, hasn't been terribly helpful. They did. however indicate that something happened within their licensing engine and that they attempted to correct it and were telling people to uninstall the apps, reinstall the apps, then reboot, but it didn't work for anyone as far as I can tell. It's still broken for a lot of people.

yep, my experience so far as well. Not dramatic, but a bit sad I can't test it a bit more right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12