Surface arc mouse problems

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Is the surface arc mouse not compatible with windows 10? I just got a brand new arc mouse and I try and connect with Bluetooth and nothing shows up on the Bluetooth settings... Is there an easy fix or is it just simply not combatable with windows 10?

Giffdev

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Have all of the latest update packages been applied? The updates on 1/15 and 1/24 both contained updated drivers for Bluetooth

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am using the arc mouse with my SP1. Had it installed before upgrading to the TP and have had no issues with it at all, but I haven't tried to pair it with a computer running TP. At least I can tell you that it does work, but I can't tell you if pairing works (although, honestly, I believe it should ;) ).

Giffdev

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Some questions, though yes I know I know the first one is simple but just ruling out anything and everything before digging too deeply:

? Fresh batteries. Make sure the batteries are good and that the mouse isn't just drained out :)
? Is Bluetooth banded out in device manager? Maybe bluetooth isn't enabled?
We might dig in deeper if there are more issues here.

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Brand new battery's, fresh out of the box (and blue light on bottom is shining bright).

Bluetooth is enabled. When I go into the new windows 10 Bluetooth settings its on and other devices connect.

The mouse just doesn't show up on the page were the surface looks for new devices...

skhwoody2201

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
mine has been working fine for a few months out of the box, however it came up with a driver error today so i removed it and went to reinstall and the computer will not find it. i am running insider preview and have been for a while.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The arc mouse IS my go-to for many devices. It is currently working properly with my:

Lumia 950 running 10586.318
Lumia 950XL running Redstone 14342.1003
Surface Pro 2 running 10586.???
Surface Pro 4 running Redstone 14342.1001

Having said all that, I do have to sometimes put it back into discovery mode because it will pair with the wrong (competing) device.
And, on the Surface Pro 4, it recently suffered the "driver error" mentioned above after the latest Redstone update. However, I deleted and re-paired it successfully and it has worked fine since. I think I remember having to reboot to get the new pairing procedure to succeed. And it may have required internet access on the SP4, as well.

Good luck. It is amazing piece of hardware. I've gotten fairly attached to its ability to work on almost any surface material. I am on-the-grid 24\7 and never know where I will be when I have to RDP or access Azure resources.

By the way, the new feature where the 950XL can use the Surface Pro 4 screen for Continuum makes it incredibly easy for me to give world-wide tech support even from a campground in the national forest! While I actually could just hot-spot the Lumia and then use the SP4 natively, I sometimes prefer the other way around. I just need the SP4 setup on a table or on my trucks dashboard serving as a monitor. Wicked cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos