Windows 10 TP is making my PC slow

harshlumia520

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
It is eating a lot of RAM 50%to be exact and a lot of processes in background are just running even if I end them from task manager. This is making my PC slow and all the games which used to run without any lag are now not running smoothly and are responding really slowly. Is there a solution to this problem where I don't have to revert back to my previous OS?

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest reverting to 8.1 and using either VMWare or Hyper-V or other VM to conduct any testing or experimentation that you'd like to do, while still having a functional system.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Using surface pro. Without looking at the taskmanager I don't notice much lag. Perhaps internet explorer is a bit slower in eperience, but then again I know I'm using a technical preview. On checking tak manager at logging in, taskmanager says I'm using 2% processor speed and 36% RAM at rest. Was indeed expecting a bit lower, but it doesnt hamper the experience for me so far. I think this will be ironed out at launch for windows 10, its the last thing I'm worried about now. There are curently many other issues with windows 10 TP. Just look at the current list of the feedback app!

Spongers8X

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
May I ask how you reverted back to 8.1? I created the USB recovery, but when I try to use it it says I cannot because a valid version of Windows is not detected (I am assuming because 10 TP has a higher kernel version than what the recovery is expecting). I want to revert back to 8.1 on my SP3 as well, but can't and am trepidatious of wiping it entirely using Gparted or something similar.

harshlumia520

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a desktop so when I used to turn it on before the lockscreen it used asked me if I want to continue using technical preview or rollback to previous version of Windows

harshlumia520

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
May I ask how you reverted back to 8.1? I created the USB recovery, but when I try to use it it says I cannot because a valid version of Windows is not detected (I am assuming because 10 TP has a higher kernel version than what the recovery is expecting). I want to revert back to 8.1 on my SP3 as well, but can't and am trepidatious of wiping it entirely using Gparted or something similar.

I have a desktop so when I used to turn it on before the lockscreen it used asked me if I want to continue using technical preview or rollback to previous version of Windows

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss