Surface pro (1st Gen) volume rocker stopped working after update?

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So after the new update, I noticed my volume control on the side of the surface doesn't work anymore. Anyone else have this problem? I already reported via Windows feedback

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
My volume controls are also not working anymore. Apart from that if I type or do anything else on keyboard it works. What's wrong? Is it due to battery drain? Since my keyboard is wireless.

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Someone at Microsoft forums told me to detach keyboard, and press the home icon on the screen. Don't know if I actually did that. I think I got my problem from sleeping it all the time. Try disconnecting the wireless keyboard, press home.

whatinsomnia

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I am having that exact same issue! Tried detaching the keyboard, hitting Windows button: nothing. Restarting: nothing. Two-button shutdown: nothing. It's really bothersome and I don't know what to do, and it also just happened after I updated my Surface Pro 1 yesterday.

mke077

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
appears to be a problem with the update, don't know if it's everyone. But I've found several complaints about the volume rocker not working or working for the wrong things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)