Firefox 100% cpu

Kayrune

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing this ? When I first start Firefox it's perfect smooth, but soon after opening some tabs it is sluggish and slow. It is bascally using 100% of one of my cpu cores even when idle, and keeps the cpu from throttle down.

I would use IE, but Lastpass is broken for IE on win10 :(

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Firefox isn't multithreaded yet. So a bad site must make the browser chug. It may even be a Firefox bug.

They intend to make it multithreaded in the future but until then, I can't recommend it to anyone.

Kayrune

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I got myself a windows phone and started migrating away from the google ecosystem. All is with MS now, I only miss Hangouts. I started using IE and loved the sync between the phone and computer, unfortunately the lack of addons gave me issues. Especially the fact that Lastpass doesn't work on Win10 (IE).

I'm hoping Spartan will arrive soon and solve all my issues. I'm open for other browser suggestions, but ...

OT RANT,
Chrome (opera) is not an option, I really don't like the way google is going, and the way they are trying to know even more about me that they can sell. I prefer being the customer, not the item for sale. Google used to be a open ecosystem, now that they got the customers they are closing down, locking in. MS seems to be going in the opposite direction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa