No sound on Build 9926

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm using Amilo Si 1520 Laptop. The Audio is not working since i installed the Win10 Technical preview.
I had the same problem when i installed XP, Win 7, and when i tried out 8 and 8.1. I was able to solve it by just installing the drivers for Vista or XP from the Fujitsu website. I don't have any idea how i could resolve this problem. I tried installing the drivers but it just mess up with all the playback devices and give me a black box when i click the volume button.

If any of you guys have any information about this problem, please share with me.

Have a nice day :)

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Wow.... still the same.
It gave me an error saying : Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for this driver.

The only reason I'm not using this pc is the sound.
This was the best.... Using this since 11 years i guess.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I searched for a driver and found this one:
Download Conexant SmartAudio HD Driver 8.65.19.51 for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 - Softpedia

I don't know if this is the right one or if this will work, but you could try :)

In order to manually update your driver, follow the steps below (the next steps):

1. Go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer, choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel)
2. Right click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software
3. Choose to select the location of the new driver manually and browse to the folder where you downloaded the driver

MiguelCarino

May 28, 2014
Visit site
This happened after a Realtek's update (the one you can see at the image).
Screenshot (15).png

You need to install the Realtek Codec (Go to www dot Realtek dot com dot tw slash downloads):

>Decide between 'AC'97' and 'High Definition Audio Codecs'
In your case, the option is AC'97
>Download the codec pack
>Install (When installation ends, your computer will be able to reproduce sounds, but first...)
>Reboot

I'm attaching the screenshots of what I did. I hope this serves to some of you. But remember that the best choice is installing the driver that your computer's company offers.

1.jpg2.jpg3.png4.png5.png6.jpg7.jpg

Just want to add that I would not download nothing from softpedia, brothersoft, softonic, and all those 'soft' pages where you have to 'download a downloader'.

Last edited:

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I hate Downloaders as well, and there's definitive no downloader in my link. I tried it before I posted it. It's just a .cab file.

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm using Amilo Si 1520 Laptop. The Audio is not working since i installed the Win10 Technical preview.
I had the same problem when i installed XP, Win 7, and when i tried out 8 and 8.1. I was able to solve it by just installing the drivers for Vista or XP from the Fujitsu website. I don't have any idea how i could resolve this problem. I tried installing the drivers but it just mess up with all the playback devices and give me a black box when i click the volume button.

If any of you guys have any information about this problem, please share with me.

Have a nice day :)

Without a DxDiag I can't confirm, but it sounds like this may be HDAUDIO-compliant. In that case you can try using the Microsoft HdAudio.sys driver:

Troubleshooting: how to install the Microsoft HD Audio class driver - Matthew van Eerde's web log - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Let us know if this helps. Thanks!

insight3fl

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with Dell Latitude 2100. The driver for the "realtec" audio was dated 2/9/15.... I rolled it back to a previous driver of 01/7/15 and it works fine now. Maybe I should have just disabled and re-enabled it with the existing driver so I don't know if the restart of the device or the driver roll back was the difference, but it works fine now. Also the "setup" where it senses your voice and sets the level... forget that as it turns it down so low Cortana can not hear you!

lawallen

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Is anybody else having Cortana not talk after the latest update? She worked before and I get other computer sounds and music, but Cortana no longer says anything.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
~same issue here, not worth worrying about at this time though since the next build should be coming within the next day or two.~

Was playing around with it and it appears that she will only speak and talk back to you when you use the mic to talk to her. so,.. probably not the same issue.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss