Real world tablet in W10, just worthless...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
How many whining post like these do we need in this forum? Dozens of post crying about the same thing over and over. smdh
Sounds like there should be some kind of NDA signed saying that if you agree to install and help make the product better, you can't whine like you tried to cash a bogus check.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Lmao. While I am not saying anything about his post i find it hilarious the hypocrisy people have about people whining...when they are whining about people whining lmao.
Sent From Micah's Lumia 1520

Dhruvansh Soni

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
They should provide the option to revert back to the imo much prettier 8.1 start screen, and for Windows 7 users who didn't like it just keep the normal one in win 10. I personally never liked the start menu, and the start screen is my favourite. Hope they include that option.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like there should be some kind of NDA signed saying that if you agree to install and help make the product better, you can't whine like you tried to cash a bogus check.

What tips have you got to help comment/write in a manner to improve the prouduct? What would you consider whining and what would you consider constructive feedback?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
​What makes you think it's a minority?

What makes you think it's a majority. 8.1 is a good OS, better than 7, which was a good OS as well. People only complain about it because it's different, but people complained before 8.1 that Windows was stagnant and boring. Now they are trying to appease the masses that don't care to learn anything by putting something out there that will be a crappy compromise for the mouse/keyboard users and even crappier for the touch users. Especially for the users that like to use both with a keyboard connected.

Even though this is a forum, I still feel I have to say imo, because that's lost on a lot of people these days.

Last edited:

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
What makes you think it's a majority. 8.1 is a good OS, better than 7, which was a good OS as well. People only complain about it because it's different, but people complained before 8.1 that Windows was stagnant and boring. Now they are trying to appease the masses that don't care to learn anything by putting something out there that will be a crappy compromise for the mouse/keyboard users and even crappier for the touch users. Especially for the users that like to use both with a keyboard connected.

Even though this is a forum, I still feel I have to say imo, because that's lost on a lot of people these days.

​Then fact that there were months hen Windows 7 went up and 8.x went down. The fact that Vista did better.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Right, because people ***** and complain for change, get it, then ***** and moan they changed. Proving most people are idiots. :)

​I have this subtle feelin that any information I give you will somehow be turned around to how you're right, regardless of what the information actually is.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
lets hope 10 turns out better than it appears right now.

I understand all of your concerns that you conveyed in your video. All I can say, (and all we can hope for) is that this 9926 build is still a very early build, and that the final product will be every thing that we loved about 7 and 8/8.1, and so much more... provided that we all collectively voice our concerns and constructive criticism through the feedback program.

When I look at the 9879 build of Win10 TP which I still have up and running on my laptop, and compare it to this latest 9926 build I have running on my desktop, the 9879 build seems so much more "robust" and closer to finished than the latest 9926 build. (to me anyway) This leads me to believe that they've obviously rebuilt it from the ground up, and "re-seated" the core of the OS, while adding the new features along the way (Cortana etc), and still have much work to do to bring it up to where we felt it was closer to "consumer ready" by using it. In other words, I really feel like the 9926 build is in a lot of ways a little more premature than the 9879 build was. Be patient, and use that feedback app... we'll get there!

btw.. I don't think anyone else noticed in your video, but you've got one of the uber rare "prototype" Type cover keyboards for your Surface... I'm jealous! And I don't even have a Surface anymore lol

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not done. They know it isn't optimized for touch. They say don't put it on a compressed operating system. They say its gonna get better later. Why complain so early?

Sure, give feedback (through the TP) but there's no need to complain as of yet. It's not even close to being released.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I understand all of your concerns that you conveyed in your video. All I can say, (and all we can hope for) is that this 9926 build is still a very early build, and that the final product will be every thing that we loved about 7 and 8/8.1, and so much more... provided that we all collectively voice our concerns and constructive criticism through the feedback program.

When I look at the 9879 build of Win10 TP which I still have up and running on my laptop, and compare it to this latest 9926 build I have running on my desktop, the 9879 build seems so much more "robust" and closer to finished than the latest 9926 build. (to me anyway) This leads me to believe that they've obviously rebuilt it from the ground up, and "re-seated" the core of the OS, while adding the new features along the way (Cortana etc), and still have much work to do to bring it up to where we felt it was closer to "consumer ready" by using it. In other words, I really feel like the 9926 build is in a lot of ways a little more premature than the 9879 build was. Be patient, and use that feedback app... we'll get there!

btw.. I don't think anyone else noticed in your video, but you've got one of the uber rare "prototype" Type cover keyboards for your Surface... I'm jealous! And I don't even have a Surface anymore lol
It's not my video, just one I posted.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Great, as a desktop without touch I'm sure it's fine, that's not at all what this conversation is about.

Yes you are right, Macbook is not a touch device. I have also installed on an Acer Tablet. Well, the expanded start screen does not come closer to the Windows 8/8.1 version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99