window 10 tecnical preview build 9926 update error

yusuph mlupilo

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
whenever I start updating windows I get error (0x8024402f) and when I run windowUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab it gives me a massage "Service registration is missing or corrupt" anyone to help me please

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried Troubleshooting?
Search for Troubleshooting in the Cortana Search Bar and there click "Fix problems with Windows Update".

oberstel

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue.
The reason (in my case) was, that I changed some how from Windows Technical Preview to Windows 10 Enterprise Technical Preview (Check Settings > System > Windows Edition).

To fix this, I made the following changes to the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
EditionID = Professional
ProductName = Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview

After a reboot, the update process started as expected.

yusupov

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
when i download the above link i get msg saying my "service registration is missing or corrupt"

i checked i have "windows 10 technical preview" (not pro)

build 9926 its tried to install 10041 at least a couple times but both failed, current status is here: (thread is called "10041 rolls back", i dont have enough posts to post the link)

anyone have any ideas??

sylau90

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
when i download the above link i get msg saying my "service registration is missing or corrupt"

i checked i have "windows 10 technical preview" (not pro)

build 9926 its tried to install 10041 at least a couple times but both failed, current status is here: (thread is called "10041 rolls back", i dont have enough posts to post the link)

anyone have any ideas??

hey buddy, I think the best way to do it is to download the official 10041 iso from insider program, mount the iso and run the setup.exe.

Works flawlessly, keep all my files, apps and setting too.

I have been tinkering with the registry in the past week, nothing works.And, the lastest 10041 fixes ally my 9926 issues, random restarts, modern apps failed to open and random restarts. Smooth as butter now.

yusupov

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
unfortunately ive tried both iso & just now got a notification to update. both times what happens is it installs up to about 20%, resets, & then for some reason rolls back. i think it must have to do w/ my motherboard in some way...right now im trying to update from the iso w/ everything but m+k unplugged since one of my peripherals sometimes causes my pc to hang on startup (some issue w/ the bios/motherboard). not sure if ive tried an update w/ it unplugged yet or not but its worth a shot. if not pretty sure ill have to wait till the next build.

sylau90

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
unfortunately ive tried both iso & just now got a notification to update. both times what happens is it installs up to about 20%, resets, & then for some reason rolls back. i think it must have to do w/ my motherboard in some way...right now im trying to update from the iso w/ everything but m+k unplugged since one of my peripherals sometimes causes my pc to hang on startup (some issue w/ the bios/motherboard). not sure if ive tried an update w/ it unplugged yet or not but its worth a shot. if not pretty sure ill have to wait till the next build.

I not sure what happens in your case, but when installing my hard drive still plugged in, no issue at all. Another thing is that, you need tons of patience, cause sometimes you might be confused as the installing page stuck at 20% or 30%, don't worry, just let it run, all you need to do is just wait.

And, you need to pay extra attention when it hits 20% installation, cause it will restarts and might run a disk check, so make sure you are there to cancel the disk check.
Oh yea, another tips is that, copy the iso into your C drive, and then mount it from there. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss