Half circle upper left hand side of screen

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
How do I get rid of this, It stays on top of all apps. It's to the left of the dell display manager
5fa12ba2634ae5614afed2c7a1d61721.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a stuck finger-touch-indicator thing (the sort of visual feedback you get on a touchscreen) as you likely know.

I'd touch the screen around there, restart Windows Explorer (see Task Manager), and/or restart the PC, although sorry, I don't have anything other than the obvious things to try.

TarekAHF

May 10, 2023
Visit site
I got almost the same problem. In my case, the screen is dimmed after the laptop is locked and unlocked. I see about 3/4 of a circle with that area showing brighter than the rest of the screen.
It was caused by the Windows PowerToys tool. When I clicked on the tray icon of the PowerToys icon, the screen issue got resolved right away. I think what was happening is the following ... I press the ctrl key to unlock the screen, causing this dimming effect. The ctrl key is configured to show the location of the mouse by making an animation effect with a circle shape. This circle gets stuck at the top-left of the screen. This started to happen after a recent Windows update, but not sure if this is related.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo