Windows 10 Explorer concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

grubbyashes

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys! I was recently bored and decided to make a concept of what I think File Explorer should look like in Photoshop. Took about a week to complete, feedback is welcome :)

1MXnWCF.png

schumi1331

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Looks clear and simple :)

Though I wonder how different content in the left sidebar would look like as Windows 8 explorer you can also have file information there for example I think.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I like the feel & look. The current left pane is extremely dated and out of place for Windows 10. However, I think your left pane is offers too much space in between the text (Windows 7 & 8 all over again). Overall, it seems to be missing some important functionality. Remember, gone are the days of modern (app) + legacy (desktop) versions. So any modern design UI must offer an equal experience of a Win32 application. With that being said.

Ribbon? The ribbon offers too much to hide away into a hamburger menu -- assuming that's where it is. I think a customizable compact ribbon with common tasks could be the default --- COPY PASTE COPY TO MOVE TO PROPERTIES SECURITY ZIP ---- and an button that allows an expansion into a full ribbon.

Or a continue with a fully expanded ribbon organized by tabs --- HOME SHARE VIEW MANAGE.

I'd like to see either or your own implementation of the ribbon added to what you have.

grubbyashes

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I will add your idea into the improved version. Personally I was never a fan of the ribbon, but I like the idea of a compact version with just the crucial functionality. The issue is finding a balance between RT and WIN32 apps. I attempted the navigation with smaller and more closely spaced labels, but it looked very 'out of place' compared to the rest of the UI, although I agree they are too big and spaced in my concept. Although I could just copy and paste the navigation currently in windows 7/8, it looks very dated nowdays and really doesn't match the updated UI of windows in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999