What is Cortana capable of doing on Windows 10?

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm running W10 on my SP3. So far, Cortana seams to be lacking in functionality, at least compared to the phone. She will return me the weather, but when I ask for things like "Add an appointment to my calendar" she just does a internet search. Do we have a list somewhere of her capabilities so far?

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: What is Cortana capable of doing so far?

I don't believe that Cortana is doing much with WP10 just yet. That service will be working off and on while development takes place. or so it seems.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Jazmac, that's what I suspected. Though I was hoping I was doing something wrong and that there was list of features/functionality that she is capable of doing.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Seems like she's good for chit-chat, weather, and web searches. She will tell me a joke, do impressions, stuff like that.

You can also ask her to set reminders by place or time. I suppose the by "place" is for people with a tablet or laptop that is location aware.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Seems like she's good for chit-chat, weather, and web searches. She will tell me a joke, do impressions, stuff like that.

You can also ask her to set reminders by place or time. I suppose the by "place" is for people with a tablet or laptop that is location aware.

​Thanks! I'll have to try out the reminders.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo