HELP! Windows Phone Recovery Tool Not Installing

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Good morning, recently I've installed the Windows 10 Preview on my Lumia 830 and been wanting to roll back to WP8.1 but whenever I try to install the Recovery Tool it fails right when it says its processing WinUSB Drivers Ext and then gives an error code: 0x80091007

How do I fix it ? Is there another way to roll back to WP8.1 ?

P.s.: I've tried other versions of the tool (1.0.4 and Lumia Software Recovery Tool) and I also tried in two different PCs (one running Windows 10 Preview and the other Windows 7 Starter) and yet nothing worked :unhappy:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 5

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Try downloading Nokia Product Support Tool. Download the latest firmware using Data Package Manager and then perform a dead flash using Product Support Tool for store

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The error's related to the install on the PC. New firmware for a phone won't fix it.

I'd gGet rid of that installer, download a new one, check the MD5 checksum matches, turn off AVG and re-try.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The error's related to the install on the PC. New firmware for a phone won't fix it.
Yeah I understand that part. That's why I suggested a different option. There's no way to know why the software has been failing to install on OP's PC without actually being able to login and troubleshoot. The MD5 checksum error could be the issue but if you see carefully it could also be the USB drivers. I would've suggested uninstalling all Microsoft/Nokia/Lumia drivers for the phone from Device Manager and reinstalling it again but not sure whether it would've solved the problem

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
When I roll back my 625 I did not have any problem using the WPRT on the Tech preview.
Maybe use a different usb port...
How about trying to find a computer that runs 8.1? for that process

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yay! after so much time and errors, it finally worked. I've downloaded the installer again (although I had done it before) and in the first time it error'd but then I tried again and it worked !
Now its just a matter of waiting for my phone to finish charging and then get it back to WP8.1, thank you all so much !

namam2796

May 12, 2015
Visit site
hey guys... I am having the same problem and have tried all your options but it still shows the same error ...
any other suggestions????
please tell

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I think no... I am trying to install WPRT 1.2.4 and having the error 0x80019007 again and again
Please HELP what to do ???
Download old version of WPRT and then update.. I was having problem updating WPRT to 1.2.4 then I tried to uninstall and I got a fix problems message.. I did it and it worked..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss