Build 10041 Sound Drivers

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with sound now? My Sound drivers were removed after the update, and now every time I try to install them the installations get stuck. Both Windows Update install and a manual install have both stalled during installation.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Same issue on my desktop & laptop. Realtek drivers stuck at preparing to install in Windows Update, then times out eventually. No audio = difficult to stay with this build.

Here's the error code: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. driver update for Realtek High Definition Audio - Error 0x800705b

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
^ Can't add them manually, all the buttons are greyed out where you could normally change the driver on the device manager.

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I am also getting sound issues. I manually installed them again, but they are only working in stereo (no sub, center speaker) which is really annoying. Plus, whenever I plug in my usb headset, it crashes and I have to restart the computer (sometimes multiple times).

​Did none of the testers have Realtek audio drivers?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
My Realtek stuff's fine.

To manually install the drivers, put the extracted driver files in the correct location.

llava

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Uninstall High Definition Audio Controler from Device Manager> System
Install latest Realtek driver 6.0.1.7460 https ://yadi.sk/d/JD4M3lRTfNTWH
Reboot

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, me too I had a persistent crackle everytime I tried to move the mouse pointer (trackpad) after updating. I couldn't get the feedback app to even open... in the process of doing another clean install.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Uninstall High Definition Audio Controler from Device Manager> System
Install latest Realtek driver 6.0.1.7460 https ://yadi.sk/d/JD4M3lRTfNTWH
Reboot

There is no driver to uninstall, the Realtek High Definition Audio driver installation hangs every time whether it's the driver through Windows Update or an audio driver downloaded from the internet. Same issue on my laptop and desktop, I tried looking at putting the files in the drivers folder manually but I've no idea what I'm doing so already rolled back to 9926 and waiting for the next build so can't try the driver you provided.

lucassbe

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
There is a problem with the driver that causes a timeout. The solution that worked for me is here:
http//kb.stonegroup.co.uk/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=289

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Seeing alot of reasons to stay away from this build. How hard is it to switch back to a previous build?

Not hard at all. Just go to settings -> Update -> Recovery and click to roll back to previous version. Took about 10 minutes and I was back in 9926

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb