I give up. Has anybody got Build 10041 installed on HP Stream 7?

ebradley

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, bricked mine yesterday. Bitlocker turned on from OEM is kinda stupid. I hope the adapter I bought works for the keyboard. :-S

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out! Apparently the problem is the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers don't work well OOB with Windows 10. So I disabled them and was able to install it with only 12.6 GB of storage.

If you enable the drivers back on, they work fine as far as I can tell, but 10049 is pretty buggy.

I really like Windows 10 in tablet mode. The doom and gloomers around here insist that its impossible to use, but I find it to be just fine. Spartan also works pretty well for touch too.

Last edited:

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out! Apparently the problem is the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers don't work well OOB with Windows 10. So I disabled them and was able to install it with only 12.6 GB of storage.

If you enable the drivers back on, they work fine as far as I can tell, but 10049 is pretty buggy.

I really like Windows 10 in tablet mode. The doom and gloomers around here insist that its impossible to use, but I find it to be just fine. Spartan also works pretty well for touch too.

I will try this today... Thanks for the tip.

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I am one more case of "windows 10 10041 installed, but touch drivers did not." Log in screen is unresponsive to touch, so I am unable to do anything with the tablet, unless I go to the BIOS tool. Is there a way to re-install using a micro SD card? I know about using the usb hub with a keyboard and mouse, but why can't we just use a micro SD card?

vinscuzzy

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Had the exact same problem with a Toshiba encore 2. No touchscreen. Waited till I got home to use my otg cable and a keyboard, which worked, but explorer kept crashing over and over again. Managed to get into safe mode, but wasnt able to refresh windows, or reinstall, or rollback. Once I restarted windows after enabling safe mode again, I had no option to log in. So I restarted a couple more and bitlocker recovery came up and brought me to a blue screen saying I needed to restart. Restarted, and got caught in a loop. My only option then was to reinstall from a USB recovery tool. Now the problem really started because it asked me for my windows product key. This tablet is only like a month old, and sat in the box for the past 3 weeks. I called Toshiba to get the product key but they said its embedded in the motherboard and id have to send tablet in to recover it. Is that true? Am I f***ked?

BrayMatter

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Cant speak to your Toshiba key issue, but thought I share further similar experience:

So initially just trying to upgrade from windows update/insider proved to be a bit trying with no touch, missing drivers and desktop/explorer crashing.

Was able to recover to 8.1 so this time I downloaded/extracted the 10049 iso and put on sdcard and ran from setup.exe in there. Believe I had to clear tpm as well. Win10 seemed to load fine with all drivers, but desktop does not load at all.

Just a solid background. No taskbar or start menu. But touch is working with the exception of not being able to unlock the device (once it locks). Have to either reboot or connect keyboard.

If I could just get desktop to load, I'd be fine.

Maneuvering around via task manager, loading control panel I also cannot run any windows updates. Says classes not registered.

Thoughts?

brad4560

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I have just successfully installed the latest insider preview on my HP stream 8. No major problems to report. I can report my findings if you'd like.

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So the most recent build of Windows 10 has finally given the ability to update from a compressed OS, so I figured I would install it to my HP Stream 7. The problem is that no matter what I do, I can't get the preview to install to it. I've tried to update it via Windows Update, I've tried an ISO, I've tried booting it from a USB OTG stick and it keeps installing halfway, then quitting.

Has anyone else had these problems, and if so, how did you fix them?

I'm having the same problems you were and have spent 3 days trying to install Build 10074 on a Linx 7 tablet.
I've tried Windows Update, Booting from a USB and installing from a mounted ISO but the installation freezes on 31% everytime.
I've also reset the tablet to factory so as to free up as much disk space as possible and disabled Bluetooth and Network adapters to no avail.
Unless MS release a version of Windows 10 specifically for existing, small tablets I can't see me ever being able to upgrade.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So my HP Stream 7 was working for a while, but now my Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Audio drivers are shot. I've tried reinstalling some of them, but they don't install. All I get is that there were "hardware changes". I've also tried updating to 10074, but that doesn't work either. It just fails halfway through. I can't even get back to 8.1. Recovery and Reset don't work, and there's no way to get an ISO of Windows 8.1 with Bing.

I'm not quite sure what to do at this point, but I'll keep investigating.

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So my HP Stream 7 was working for a while, but now my Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Audio drivers are shot. I've tried reinstalling some of them, but they don't install. All I get is that there were "hardware changes". I've also tried updating to 10074, but that doesn't work either. It just fails halfway through. I can't even get back to 8.1. Recovery and Reset don't work, and there's no way to get an ISO of Windows 8.1 with Bing.

I'm not quite sure what to do at this point, but I'll keep investigating.

I bricked my tablet trying to upgrade to 10 but found an IMG of Windows 8.1 with Bing. I can upload it to my OneDrive for you if you'd like. I also had to find drivers for my touchscreen and accelerometer before they'd work.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I bricked my tablet trying to upgrade to 10 but found an IMG of Windows 8.1 with Bing. I can upload it to my OneDrive for you if you'd like. I also had to find drivers for my touchscreen and accelerometer before they'd work.

How did you upgrade? I tried to run the ISO and it started, but then came back with a screen that said that it can't give me options on how to install it (normally, it would say things like keep everything, or keep files and photos, or erase everything)

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
How did you upgrade? I tried to run the ISO and it started, but then came back with a screen that said that it can't give me options on how to install it (normally, it would say things like keep everything, or keep files and photos, or erase everything)

Are you running direct from the ISO with the original OS booted up, or have you created a bootable USB?

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

I booted from a USB that I created on another PC. I had to enter the BIOS on the tablet, F7 on my Linx, to enable USB as the first device.
I had a USB hub hooked up with a mouse, keyboard and the USB stick plugged in because touchscreen doesn't work until the drivers are installed.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Are you running direct from the ISO with the original OS booted up, or have you created a bootable USB?

Both. I tried mounting the ISO and it gave me the "can't give you install options" screen, then I tried to boot from the BIOS and it said it couldn't find an image.

I booted from a USB that I created on another PC. I had to enter the BIOS on the tablet, F7 on my Linx, to enable USB as the first device.
I had a USB hub hooked up with a mouse, keyboard and the USB stick plugged in because touchscreen doesn't work until the drivers are installed.

Odd. I tried this and it just said it couldn't find anything. I'm curious to know whether a recovery image will work. I'll try again tonight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99