I recently installed Windows 10. I had this problem where explore.exe kept restarting. My friend had this problem too. He told me to create a new user. So I did. He also said to go to "c:\users\old user" and copy everything from there to save my stuff. It was about 50 gbs so I did folder by folder. When I goto Appdata, I copied everything from the old user onto the new one. But I accidentally deleted almost everything in Local. Now, the start menu isn't working and Windows Update isn't either. When I click on the start menu, nothing happens. I do have a system restore from before I deleted it. Should I restore it?

As I am typing this, I am running sfc /scannow
    Edit after ^^^: Got an error " Windows Resource Protection could not preforom the requested operation."
    Can anyone help me get this
    03-27-2015 07:42 PM
    I recently installed Windows 10. I had this problem where explore.exe kept restarting. My friend had this problem too. He told me to create a new user. So I did. He also said to go to "c:\users\old user" and copy everything from there to save my stuff. It was about 50 gbs so I did folder by folder. When I goto Appdata, I copied everything from the old user onto the new one. But I accidentally deleted almost everything in Local. Now, the start menu isn't working and Windows Update isn't either. When I click on the start menu, nothing happens. I do have a system restore from before I deleted it. Should I restore it?

As I am typing this, I am running sfc /scannow
    Edit after ^^^: Got an error " Windows Resource Protection could not preforom the requested operation."
    Can anyone help me get this
    Weren't you warned windows 10 is buggy.Create a new user and delete the old one or format your pc
    03-27-2015 08:01 PM