[build 10049] Cisco AnyConnect 4.x is not working anymore

denispage

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Cisco VPN client AnyConnect 4.x is not working after update to the build 10049.

Error:
11:35:41 AM Disconnect in progress, please wait...
11:35:41 AM The VPN client driver encountered an error. Please restart your computer or device, then try again.
11:35:41 AM AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway. Please try connecting again.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be quite a few issues with networking in this build. I needed to add my NAS IP to the hosts file to make windows see it as it seems SMB names are not propataging correctly as they did before.

Also this build break the UI for network connections and defaults to DHCP so if you use static IP you need to set this again through the command line

RamonSK

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
build 10049 also screwed up mine PIA VPN and TAP reinstall was failling.

So I took advice from Technet

>>> (I cannot post link yet :-( )
Open entry as follows:
I dont know if the guid is always the same but the last id can be diffrent for sure
You can open atleast the class key and the just use find data: TAP-Windows Adapter V9
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001
if you have more than one tap adapters then you have to add this for all of them

In this key add the REG_SZ entry:
ComponentId: tap0901
<<<
But as my TAP was already gone I extended it in way, where I restored several of entries linked to TAP driver (class,network,nsi)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Upgrade\NetworkDriverBackup

and I got it work.

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Known issue with this build unable to change properties of Ip4 /IP6 , set DNS , DHCP. hence the VPN's are broken. Same issues with Juniper Pulse / netconnecrt.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
There seems to be quite a few issues with networking in this build. I needed to add my NAS IP to the hosts file to make windows see it as it seems SMB names are not propataging correctly as they did before.
Me too.
Also this build break the UI for network connections and defaults to DHCP so if you use static IP you need to set this again through the command line
If it helps, I found uninstalling the affected NIC(s) from Device Manager and letting it find/install them again (or reboot) restores the ability to access those missing UI panes.

coolguy82

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Any luck w/ Cisco Anyconnect? This is a big show stopper for me.
Can't believe no fix exists for it so far, for such a widely used software.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Any luck w/ Cisco Anyconnect? This is a big show stopper for me.
Can't believe no fix exists for it so far, for such a widely used software.
Well you'd need to speak to Cisco about that. Who I'm sure will say something along the lines of "that's a Technical Preview OS. There's no way we'll be supporting it until it's released. And probably not for 6-12 months after that."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss