I have the technical preview installed on a spare PC machine in my bedroom. I had the computer on before I went to bed last night and I guess it started installing the update automatically in the middle of the night. I'm not sure if the PC rebooted or one of my dogs bumped the mouse to wake up the display, but I awoke to an illuminated room because the display turned on.

I'm not sure what time this was, but I'm assuming around 4:00 AM. I was still half asleep, but I am pretty sure before I turned off the display that the screen was showing an estimated 10 hours for the update to install. When I got up this morning around 7:00, I watched the status of the update change from 2% complete to 3%.

The computer I'm running the preview on is a little slow, but I didn't think it was that slow. Is there really something about this latest update that it is really taking a long time to update. I'm just letting it run while I'm at work. It's not a priority as this is not my primary computer, but I was just curious because this seems like an extreme amount of time to install a new build.
    04-01-2015 08:40 AM
    I've noticed the major updates seem to drag on occasion; the PC looks like it's frozen (no HD activity) for minutes at a time, then it cranks up again.

I suppose it COULD take that long (depending on hardware); it will be curious to see what happened over the duration of the day. FYI, the updates DO restart the PC a couple of times. . .
    04-01-2015 11:20 AM
    It turns out that there was something wrong with that installation attempt. When I logged into the computer last night, there was an error code and a message stating that the changes were rolled back to my previous build. At midnight, the installation started again. When I went to bed, it was at 20% complete, and it was successfully updated this morning.
    04-02-2015 08:38 AM