Some minor (??? ) problems with build 10049

vlacocabios

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!!!! I installed build 10049 yesterday, and have ran into some little problems. Overall, my PC is working fine, and everything is running pretty smooth. However, I wonder if anybody else has ran into those issues:

1. I get a message that my copy is not activated. Anyone knows how to find a key that activates this build, and how to use it??? My original copy of windows 8.1 is legal.

2. Mail, Calendar, People app not working. I had the same problem with the previous version, but I copied a string of text into powershell, reinstalled the app, and it worked. Well, not this time!!!!

3. Cortana is working, but doesn't seem to respond anymore to the "hey Cortana" prompt... if I click on the microphone icon inside her box, speech recognition is working. Also, when I click on the Cortana search settings, nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!:cool:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
1) There's a key to use on the Microsoft site where the ISO's available for 10041. Can't think why it would bum out the existing key (perhaps a change from Pro to Enterprise in the past?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon