I know my drivers aren't compatible with windows 10 (fingerprint scanner, built in webcam, etc.) but I was wondering if there was any workaround for this to get them working again
    04-10-2015 07:15 AM
    It could be possible, I think 10 should at least play nicely with most 8.x drivers, but its not finished yet and people have driver issues so... there's no guarantee - unless you've tested it or otherwise have a source (like maybe someone here before you) I would assume probably not.

What's the model of computer we're looking at?
    04-10-2015 07:44 PM
    It could be possible, I think 10 should at least play nicely with most 8.x drivers, but its not finished yet and people have driver issues so... there's no guarantee - unless you've tested it or otherwise have a source (like maybe someone here before you) I would assume probably not.

What's the model of computer we're looking at?
    It's an HP ProBook 6450b.. Didn't come with 8 so I don't even think they have 8.1 drivers available for this thing to even test out if it works with 10
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-13-2015 05:57 PM
    You can probably determine the manufacturer of each device from Device Manager (probably from Bing-ing the Hardware ID shown in the Properties). Armed with that information you may be able to download drivers from the component manufacturer without all the HP wrapping and cruft. For example, the touchpad is likely made by Synaptics, a quick Bing should turn you up some generic x86 or x64 drivers for it.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-13-2015 06:02 PM
    You can probably determine the manufacturer of each device from Device Manager (probably from Bing-ing the Hardware ID shown in the Properties). Armed with that information you may be able to download drivers from the component manufacturer without all the HP wrapping and cruft. For example, the touchpad is likely made by Synaptics, a quick Bing should turn you up some generic x86 or x64 drivers for it.
    That's a good idea, never even thought to do that haha thank you
    04-14-2015 03:19 AM