Why can't I do anything after updating to the latest WP10 tp?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I can do nothing after updating to the latest WP10 tp

I am a FAST INSIDER. I up got a 'critical update' last night so I cleared out my storage several times to reach the required storage. When I woke up in the morning I installed the update. When it was restarting it got stuck on a black screen. I held the power and volume down keys to soft reset it. I got to the lock screen. I also got a message that my phone is 'not for resale.'
I went through the lock screen and got a SD card error message. I cancelled it. Then in the Start Screen I saw nothing except new icons and new soft keys. (I have a Lumia 630). When I still saw nothing, I soft reset my phone again. Again the same process. I did this a few more times. Then I selected the scan SD card option. It showed scanning..scanning..scanning. The it said there is a problem in your SD card. I soft reset my phone again a few times.
I then thought to sync my phone to my Mac. I have a Windows Phone app on it to sync my phone. It said connecting to a device, then could not verify. I restart my phone. Still the same.

Then I disconnected my Lumia and put a SIM card into it. I could receive calls only. Not place a call. Couldn't even get messages. I took out the sim. And posted this problem. I can't access the Action Centre. Nothing. I can't even swipe to the Kids Corner.

What to do???😢😢😢😢

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can do nothing after updating to the latest WP10 tp

I'd suggest reverting via LSRT How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

I know the documentation says use WSRT, but so many have had issues with it I am gun shy. I just reverted a 635 with LSRT and no issues.

At this point a reversion is all that sounds applicable. I gather this isn't your primary so no worries about data loss? Restore any 8.1 backup and try Insider again if you like...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire