Win 10 rumored release in July = Tablets are screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Right now their is no indication that MS is going to remove the taskbar from Tablet mode, Bring back alot of the Win 8 swipe commands or add in the missing features to the Notification center since they nuked charm bars.

Yeah, and? What if they don't do what you're complaining about? I use tablets and I prefer the taskbar instead of the charms bar. The taskbar is consistent across the board whereas the charms may or may not contain what you wish for. This reboot is about a consistent experience across ALL devices, not just those that cater to a select few. Maybe what you're looking for will come in the way of a 3rd party skin as was prevalent in years past. Maybe not, who knows? Fact of the matter remains that none of us know what the final build will end up looking like.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Lets talk about the BIG BIG visual differences from the actual tablet mode to how Windows 8.1 works right now from my point of view as a software developer.

One of the main differences is the appearance of the taskbar in the newly introduced tablet mode. Removing this in tablet mode needs a few lines of code and I am sure that this will be a customizable option in the final release.

The next "big" thing is the appearance of the "start menu" like app list on the left side of the start menu. Removing this in tablet mode and reintroducing some kind of "show all apps" with an appropriate swipe gesture are again a few lines of code.

Due to the lack of a touch device where i can run W10TP I cannot talk about missing touch gestures but most of the things I saw until now where UI changes which can be changed within days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb