Love build 10074!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So far this seems like a great build. No start or Cortana crashes. Everything seems quicker and more responsive.

I got the transparent build but was hoping for the aero build.

Brad Lambert

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I had to revert back to Windows 8.1 on my Surface Pro 3 with an earlier build... If anyone is running 10074 on their SP3, let me know how it runs.This seems like a clean build, seeing as they had it prepared for immediately after //build/.

StuboWPC

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been doing these builds for the last four or so now, and I have to say that I think we're finally at a stage where I would recommend it to someone who is tech savvy. It's still not perfect, but it's totally usable. And it's sleek :)

Earlier builds were not so hot, and crashed often, etc. But this one is good :) So far so good, anyways.

But I still don't trust it 100%. I'm backing up important work that I'm doing, but that's just a precaution.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
So 10074 build does work properly? I've been seeing nothing but complaints about the start menu not working or loads of crashes. I'm still gonna wait for the free upgrade with my Windows 8.1

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been doing these builds for the last four or so now, and I have to say that I think we're finally at a stage where I would recommend it to someone who is tech savvy. It's still not perfect, but it's totally usable. And it's sleek :)

Earlier builds were not so hot, and crashed often, etc. But this one is good :) So far so good, anyways.

But I still don't trust it 100%. I'm backing up important work that I'm doing, but that's just a precaution.

Yeah, I've gone a couple hours now without something crashing. It feels ready and looks slick. On the previous build I was holding my breath any time I clicked on something.

Did any of you get the aero build?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So 10074 build does work properly? I've been seeing nothing but complaints about the start menu not working or loads of crashes. I'm still gonna wait for the free upgrade with my Windows 8.1

I was one of those people complaining, but I'd like to say I was publicly troubleshooting more than complaining. I think they put some work in getting this one solid for build.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I was one of those people complaining, but I'd like to say I was publicly troubleshooting more than complaining. I think they put some work in getting this one solid for build.
True. Btw, is there any major difference between 10061 and 10074 build?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
For me the most major thing is start isn't crashing, which is a big plus.

Cortana has a big overhaul and the UI just seems more polished. Many little things that add up to a nicer experience. The sluggishness that was in 10061 seems to be gone as well.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No major issues with this build on my desktop. I like how this OS looks and how responsive it is. Even Firefox is amazingly fast rendering webpages on this build and Edge browser is no joke when it comes to speed. It still has some optimization issues especially how it responds in Windows Central Forums but it is coming along nicely.

buddy007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

does anyone have problem with nvidia drivers, mine uses geforce 840M and they were code 43 on build 10041 and whats more if i install it alongside intel it messes with the whole display.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
10049 was fine for me then I went with 10061 and I had those problem with start and so on
But 10074 is just like 10049 for me, no problems

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
No major issues with this build on my desktop. I like how this OS looks and how responsive it is. Even Firefox is amazingly fast rendering webpages on this build and Edge browser is no joke when it comes to speed. It still has some optimization issues especially how it responds in Windows Central Forums but it is coming along nicely.

Windows Central is one of the slowest rendering web sites I visit. Oddly, it works great in IE with touch scrolling. But every other browser, and IE with a mouse, I feel like making a cup of coffee while I wait for the page load to settle down.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

It certainly does, most people have probably upgraded to this build which means they are still going to have lingering problems from older builds. I just created a fresh VM for this build and it works perfectly, for a preview at least.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
does anyone have problem with nvidia drivers, mine uses geforce 840M and they were code 43 on build 10041 and whats more if i install it alongside intel it messes with the whole display.

Nvidia have just released some Windows 10 drivers, it might be worth checking them out.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Windows Central is one of the slowest rendering web sites I visit. Oddly, it works great in IE with touch scrolling. But every other browser, and IE with a mouse, I feel like making a cup of coffee while I wait for the page load to settle down.

Probably due for a refresh at some point because with Firefox and IE, its fine. Using Edge? You could do your taxes by hand, mail them and get your refund quicker. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb