05-06-2015 06:33 AM
31 12
tools
    So far this seems like a great build. No start or Cortana crashes. Everything seems quicker and more responsive.

I got the transparent build but was hoping for the aero build.
    vinscg likes this.
    04-29-2015 05:57 PM
    I had to revert back to Windows 8.1 on my Surface Pro 3 with an earlier build... If anyone is running 10074 on their SP3, let me know how it runs.This seems like a clean build, seeing as they had it prepared for immediately after //build/.
    04-29-2015 06:04 PM
    I've been doing these builds for the last four or so now, and I have to say that I think we're finally at a stage where I would recommend it to someone who is tech savvy. It's still not perfect, but it's totally usable. And it's sleek :)

Earlier builds were not so hot, and crashed often, etc. But this one is good :) So far so good, anyways.

But I still don't trust it 100%. I'm backing up important work that I'm doing, but that's just a precaution.
    noersetiawan and robinleck like this.
    04-29-2015 07:25 PM
    Anyone else have the issue that the start menu can only be resized up and down but not sideways?
    04-29-2015 08:55 PM
    Anyone else have the issue that the start menu can only be resized up and down but not sideways?
    Mine works but I usually keep it full screen.
    04-29-2015 09:23 PM
    So 10074 build does work properly? I've been seeing nothing but complaints about the start menu not working or loads of crashes. I'm still gonna wait for the free upgrade with my Windows 8.1

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    04-29-2015 09:25 PM
    I've been doing these builds for the last four or so now, and I have to say that I think we're finally at a stage where I would recommend it to someone who is tech savvy. It's still not perfect, but it's totally usable. And it's sleek :)

Earlier builds were not so hot, and crashed often, etc. But this one is good :) So far so good, anyways.

But I still don't trust it 100%. I'm backing up important work that I'm doing, but that's just a precaution.
    Yeah, I've gone a couple hours now without something crashing. It feels ready and looks slick. On the previous build I was holding my breath any time I clicked on something.

Did any of you get the aero build?
    04-29-2015 09:26 PM
    So 10074 build does work properly? I've been seeing nothing but complaints about the start menu not working or loads of crashes. I'm still gonna wait for the free upgrade with my Windows 8.1

I was one of those people complaining, but I'd like to say I was publicly troubleshooting more than complaining. I think they put some work in getting this one solid for build.
    Josiah23 likes this.
    04-29-2015 09:28 PM
    I was one of those people complaining, but I'd like to say I was publicly troubleshooting more than complaining. I think they put some work in getting this one solid for build.
    True. Btw, is there any major difference between 10061 and 10074 build?

04-29-2015 09:48 PM
    For me the most major thing is start isn't crashing, which is a big plus.

Cortana has a big overhaul and the UI just seems more polished. Many little things that add up to a nicer experience. The sluggishness that was in 10061 seems to be gone as well.
    Josiah23 likes this.
    04-29-2015 10:01 PM
    No major issues with this build on my desktop. I like how this OS looks and how responsive it is. Even Firefox is amazingly fast rendering webpages on this build and Edge browser is no joke when it comes to speed. It still has some optimization issues especially how it responds in Windows Central Forums but it is coming along nicely.
    04-30-2015 08:36 AM

does anyone have problem with nvidia drivers, mine uses geforce 840M and they were code 43 on build 10041 and whats more if i install it alongside intel it messes with the whole display.
    04-30-2015 08:41 AM
    does anyone have problem with nvidia drivers, mine uses geforce 840M and they were code 43 on build 10041 and whats more if i install it alongside intel it messes with the whole display.
    I was just watching some shows and my NVIDIA driver crashed and recovered
    04-30-2015 08:56 AM
    there is a glitch on the sideway
    04-30-2015 09:29 AM
    10049 was fine for me then I went with 10061 and I had those problem with start and so on
    But 10074 is just like 10049 for me, no problems
    04-30-2015 09:31 AM
    I've seen a little glitchiness in tablet mode. That makes sense since that had some of the biggest changes for this build.
    04-30-2015 09:31 AM
    No major issues with this build on my desktop. I like how this OS looks and how responsive it is. Even Firefox is amazingly fast rendering webpages on this build and Edge browser is no joke when it comes to speed. It still has some optimization issues especially how it responds in Windows Central Forums but it is coming along nicely.
    Windows Central is one of the slowest rendering web sites I visit. Oddly, it works great in IE with touch scrolling. But every other browser, and IE with a mouse, I feel like making a cup of coffee while I wait for the page load to settle down.
    neo158 likes this.
    04-30-2015 09:35 AM

It certainly does, most people have probably upgraded to this build which means they are still going to have lingering problems from older builds. I just created a fresh VM for this build and it works perfectly, for a preview at least.
    Josiah23 likes this.
    04-30-2015 11:40 AM
    Nvidia have just released some Windows 10 drivers, it might be worth checking them out.
    realwarder likes this.
    04-30-2015 11:42 AM
    Windows Central is one of the slowest rendering web sites I visit. Oddly, it works great in IE with touch scrolling. But every other browser, and IE with a mouse, I feel like making a cup of coffee while I wait for the page load to settle down.
    Probably due for a refresh at some point because with Firefox and IE, its fine. Using Edge? You could do your taxes by hand, mail them and get your refund quicker. :)
    04-30-2015 01:19 PM
    As of now my start menu and search stuff is broken. (won't open) and IE is a lot more unstable.

Although it could be my hardware's quirks. Thankfully I have the important stuff pinned to my taskbar for now.
    04-30-2015 02:03 PM
    My tablet wont log in with this build. My desktop is working though.

Edit: Apparently it only wont log in with my PIN, using my actual password worked.
    04-30-2015 02:12 PM
    Seems better but had fair amount of issues at times going between tablet mode and desktop, start menu opening but closing but eventually working. In tablet mode and hitting the start menu would bring up cortana then apps that I had closed while in tablet mode all showed up in desktop mode. Only thing I've seen in Tablet Mode that works well is if you have the task bar in auto hide mode you can bring it up with an up swipe and down swipe to get rid of it again. Too bad there isn't a "Auto Hide Task Bar in Tablet Mode" option.
    04-30-2015 02:47 PM
    Yay my start menu and stuff is working now! I guess the most recent minor update fixed it.
    04-30-2015 03:17 PM
    My tablet wont log in with this build. My desktop is working though.

Edit: Apparently it only wont log in with my PIN, using my actual password worked.
    I had a simular problem but I found if I click the icon for the options at the login screen, I could select the PIN icon. Then it worked from then on. In Win 8.1, all you had to do was create one for use and it was at the log in screen. Here I had to choose it at the login screen. Might be an unfinished feature.
    04-30-2015 04:37 PM
31 12