Trashed the drive!

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Ok, here's the deal...
Lenovo laptop win7 pro 64..E 530
update with iso file to Win10 preview 10041
some glitches but was getting more stable...then came the new update to ...10122..!!
Wow ..ok it installed ok.but I didn't like the tiles ..some were perfect and some were fuzzy..
Ok..reveret to old 10041........NO WAY....It Didn't Happen.....
NO more boot into Windows..!!
Messed with the bios..looked at any changes that were an issue..
No bootup
Completelty reset Bios to original factory specs
Windows started and tried their recovery again....BUT the Kernel is still missing ..AWOL....!!
There is no simple explanation I tried all the F1..F2..F8..F11 all the stuff Reset my Bios..!!!..Kernal gone no more Lenovo recovery ..Gone..
Moral of the story...If it ain't broke ..don't fix it..!!!.....I'll wait until Windows 10 hit the streets..
Ok...any solutions..???........send a PM....open for suggestions...!!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If you "trashed the drive", then the only solution is to buy a new drive for your laptop.

However, you could try looking for your Windows Recovery/Installation Disc and try to reinstall the original OS first.

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I have no recovery media...and windows cannot recover.. tried different boot order..
I'll more than likely replace the drive with a SSD..and go with windows 8.1
I can more than likely recover any personal file by external methods that access the drive..

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't this it is the drive, have you tried installing a fresh copy of windows? If the kernel is missing it will surely be fixed by reinstalling windows. Good luck

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE....a miracle happened..!!!......Widows 10 preview 10122 LOADED..!!!... I did not try to restore back to 10041..
still issues are going on but ..at least there is a normal boot-up .:grincry:
preview 10074..loaded...gotta get a different iso...issues

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs