The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Does anyone know how to access the settings in the Kindle app in build 10122? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance.
    05-25-2015 12:24 PM
    Note sure about 10122 but in 10074 there's a hamburger on the top left.
    05-26-2015 09:48 AM
    for the app settings use the hamburger menu as mj0 said...

if you want the change the internal kindle view settings (under windows 8/8.1 available with a swipe from bottom up - not available any more under windows 10...) you need to right-click inside the app: you can do this with the keyboard or the pen...
    currently you CAN't do this with touch / fingers... hopefully Amazon/Kindle will change this for W10...
    05-29-2015 03:41 AM
    I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Asus tablet. My Kindle options weren't in the usual, swipe up from bottom, location. So, I couldn't change the background color, font size, etc. Contacted Amazon and they let me know that Amazon didn't have a newer version of the Kindle app yet. So I went into desktop mode and downloaded Kindle for PC. It's not anywhere near as good as the app for ease of reading. BUT, I could change the settings with ease. But, I was not satisfied. So, I fiddled around with it and now my Kindle works just like it used to!
    So,In TABLET MODE (couldn't get it to work in desktop mode) on the Kindle app, I opened a book, then, I start at the top of the page and drag two fingers DOWN SLOWLY. (You will see a BLUE "button" at the top middle with three dots) Keep dragging down and your Kindle setting should appear as usual at the bottom.
    So, I guess we are so used to dragging up- now drag down. Don't forget, you have to see that blue button in the middle with the three dots when you touch the top of the screen- then drag down. I took me some time to figure it out, but it works now! Good luck!
    abausch likes this.
    09-30-2015 09:53 PM
    Thank you thank you! That's exactly what I was trying to figure out. This solution works perfectly on my Surface Pro 4.
    01-31-2016 04:25 AM
    Robin_rooroo, Thanks so much for sharing the solution!!!! On my Surface Pro 4, I place two fingers at the very top of a kindle page (almost off of the screen). A grey box appears with horizontal lines. I pull down slowly and the tool bar appears.
    04-02-2016 09:36 AM
    Thanks for the info robin_rooroo !

I found out on my Dell Venue Pro 8 tablet with Win10 (1607) , that I can do the same with just 1 finger . And I can do it quickly . But if I do it too quickly , I briefly see a smal version of the Kindle window , before the full-screen window returns with the settings .

And just like your work-around , mine only works in tablet-mode .
    Last edited by Ruud Schmeitz; 10-16-2016 at 04:32 PM.
    10-16-2016 11:50 AM
    I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Asus tablet. My Kindle options weren't in the usual, swipe up from bottom, location. So, I couldn't change the background color, font size, etc. Contacted Amazon and they let me know that Amazon didn't have a newer version of the Kindle app yet. So I went into desktop mode and downloaded Kindle for PC. It's not anywhere near as good as the app for ease of reading. BUT, I could change the settings with ease. But, I was not satisfied. So, I fiddled around with it and now my Kindle works just like it used to!
    So,In TABLET MODE (couldn't get it to work in desktop mode) on the Kindle app, I opened a book, then, I start at the top of the page and drag two fingers DOWN SLOWLY. (You will see a BLUE "button" at the top middle with three dots) Keep dragging down and your Kindle setting should appear as usual at the bottom.
    So, I guess we are so used to dragging up- now drag down. Don't forget, you have to see that blue button in the middle with the three dots when you touch the top of the screen- then drag down. I took me some time to figure it out, but it works now! Good luck!
    Thanks so much! It worked!
    10-21-2016 10:13 AM