Where to find settings in Kindle app on Win 10

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
for the app settings use the hamburger menu as mj0 said...

if you want the change the internal kindle view settings (under windows 8/8.1 available with a swipe from bottom up - not available any more under windows 10...) you need to right-click inside the app: you can do this with the keyboard or the pen...
currently you CAN't do this with touch / fingers... hopefully Amazon/Kindle will change this for W10...

robin_rooroo

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Asus tablet. My Kindle options weren't in the usual, swipe up from bottom, location. So, I couldn't change the background color, font size, etc. Contacted Amazon and they let me know that Amazon didn't have a newer version of the Kindle app yet. So I went into desktop mode and downloaded Kindle for PC. It's not anywhere near as good as the app for ease of reading. BUT, I could change the settings with ease. But, I was not satisfied. So, I fiddled around with it and now my Kindle works just like it used to!
So,In TABLET MODE (couldn't get it to work in desktop mode) on the Kindle app, I opened a book, then, I start at the top of the page and drag two fingers DOWN SLOWLY. (You will see a BLUE "button" at the top middle with three dots) Keep dragging down and your Kindle setting should appear as usual at the bottom.
So, I guess we are so used to dragging up- now drag down. Don't forget, you have to see that blue button in the middle with the three dots when you touch the top of the screen- then drag down. I took me some time to figure it out, but it works now! Good luck!

Bud Kolich

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Robin_rooroo, Thanks so much for sharing the solution!!!! On my Surface Pro 4, I place two fingers at the very top of a kindle page (almost off of the screen). A grey box appears with horizontal lines. I pull down slowly and the tool bar appears.

Ruud Schmeitz

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info robin_rooroo !

I found out on my Dell Venue Pro 8 tablet with Win10 (1607) , that I can do the same with just 1 finger . And I can do it quickly . But if I do it too quickly , I briefly see a smal version of the Kindle window , before the full-screen window returns with the settings .

And just like your work-around , mine only works in tablet-mode .

Last edited:

Andrea True

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Asus tablet. My Kindle options weren't in the usual, swipe up from bottom, location. So, I couldn't change the background color, font size, etc. Contacted Amazon and they let me know that Amazon didn't have a newer version of the Kindle app yet. So I went into desktop mode and downloaded Kindle for PC. It's not anywhere near as good as the app for ease of reading. BUT, I could change the settings with ease. But, I was not satisfied. So, I fiddled around with it and now my Kindle works just like it used to!
So,In TABLET MODE (couldn't get it to work in desktop mode) on the Kindle app, I opened a book, then, I start at the top of the page and drag two fingers DOWN SLOWLY. (You will see a BLUE "button" at the top middle with three dots) Keep dragging down and your Kindle setting should appear as usual at the bottom.
So, I guess we are so used to dragging up- now drag down. Don't forget, you have to see that blue button in the middle with the three dots when you touch the top of the screen- then drag down. I took me some time to figure it out, but it works now! Good luck!

Thanks so much! It worked!

Arose535

Oct 13, 2019
Visit site
In Kindle app PC mode windows 10 you can right click your mouse on any book page and you will see the Aa view settings on the bottom left of your screen. You can adjust background color and font size but the is no adjustment for font type (which is a bummer).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills