Build 10130 just showed up in Windows update.

fwakelin

May 30, 2015
Visit site
This has been the worst build yet for me. After logging in to the 10130 build the system bluescreened in the ATIHDWT6.SYS display driver. After that Windows was stuck in a bluescreen reboot loop. I uninstalled the driver, removing the files, from the Device Manager in SAFE mode but that didn't work. I had to go back in to SAFE mode and delete the driver ATHDWT6.SYS just to boot the new build. I am stuck with the Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

I have exactly the same issue - system reset does nothing (other than waste a lot of time). Ugh, thought we would be past total unusable system bugs by now.

EDIT: Actually my system is bricked. Deleting driver just replaces it after boot up and display driver is auto detected / changed from the standard. Can't revert to previous build either - looks like I'm downloading the old ISO and wiping my system (and staying say from fast track from now on).

Last edited:

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I have just switched from Slow to Fast ring (10074 is still very buggy, e.g. the start menu not opening regularly forcing a reboot) and 10130 showed up immediately. Downloading right now, we'll see.

TwistedSenses

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Updating to build 10130 made my wi-fi unusable, my laptop has no internet access and restarting (6-7 times) and still nothing is fixed. Keep away from this build, or you might get some nasty surprises.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
So far, so good for me on this build. Just a note. I just noticed the ugly *** icons in file explorer are gone. Yayyy

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Updating to build 10130 made my wi-fi unusable, my laptop has no internet access and restarting (6-7 times) and still nothing is fixed. Keep away from this build, or you might get some nasty surprises.

Or you can do the sensible thing and use a VM and not have all that hassle.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Updated from Build 10074 to 10130 and it went well so far. Took about 1.5 hours in total. Wifi wasn't working in the beginning but for some reason it connected about three minutes after first startup. The PIN for my account still exists but Windows doesn't offer me to use it for login/unlock. Project Spartan / Edge is still pretty slow (especially startup is horrible).

Otherwise it looks pretty good. I'll start looking for fixed and new bugs now.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Wasn't the power button in the start menu supposed to be at the top? Mine is still at the bottom, right between "All apps" and "Settings".

Tom Kufeldt

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
That was the behavior I expected but it didn't happen. In fact, I tried to replace the Basic Driver by deleting it from the DMgr and rescanning or updating it but Windows tells me it is the correct driver. So now I have a low res system with two mirrored monitors.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
So it was at the bottom in 10074, then put at the top somewhen afterwards, then back at the bottom again in 10122?

s1ncity

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I have installed 10074 a few times and on different machines and all worked well . Update to 10122 was successful and worked well . For various reasons I have reinstalled , a few times , 10074 on this machine >> intel q 6600 , Asus striker extreme mobo , not extreme 2 , HD5670 graphics .
For some reason after update to 10122 and then update to 10130 I get stuck in a boot loop . I have hoped that letting it loop numerous times would help , but to no avail .
The same has happened when I install 10074 and try update to 10130 , same boot loop . I get the windows flag on the screen then it reboots .
Rebooting to the Install image ( DVD Rom ) , and trying roll back it fails , with a message that the roll back failed , refresh fails too . Maybe just this old hardware , but thought it best to throw it out there if someone on similar hardware is experiencing the same/similar .

I have 10074 , updated to 10122 on an old HP mobo and intel extreme CPU and is working well , not tried the update to 10130 on that machine yet .

When I get the time I'm going to put 10074 on my everyday machine , will put the specs up when I report success or fail .

s1ncity

May 30, 2015
Visit site
On the last line I should have added that 10074 was to be installed , with the intention of updating to latest build , seeing as the update to latest build seems to be an issue.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Having issue where PIN is not showing up at login. Also Windows Hello wont load to all me to re-install my fingerprint reader. No slider to disable/enable PIN in in control panel. Setting up Windows Hello from account settings freezes up the control panel app.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Same here, PIN doesn't work in 10130. Neither does resetting/removing the PIN. It keeps asking for my Microsoft account password over and over again.

Nichifor Bogdan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with atihdwt6.sys. My other problem is that I can't boot in safe mode my hp probook 6540b amd in order to disable the driver. Loop error... Any solution?

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Initial impressions:

Start menu opens 9 out of 10 times
Blank icons in the task bar working fine now.
Still a slight delay in opening Networks flyout
App crashing on load is significantly diminished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa