Mail App can communicate with iMessage.

crp852

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I didn't know it until I sent myself an iMessage from the Win 10 Mail app to my iMessage account & it actually worked.

I was under the impression that without an Apple device, iMessage didn't do anything, but, after setting up an iMessage account in Mail, I sent a message from my Surface 3 to my iPad Mini.

FYI,
crp

crp852

May 25, 2015
Visit site
tell us how you did it?

It's surprisingly easy and doesn't involve a crack, hack, or jailbroken device. In the "Mail" app in the Win 10 Preview, go to Settings and then Accounts, then click on the "+" icon. The dialog box that opens up includes "iCloud" as 1 of the account types.

Assuming you already have an iCloud account (I do), you input that information in the dialog box & then the Mail app verifies your iCloud account. Assuming it verifies you, you'll be back to the main Mail app, and now, 1 of the accounts you can send from is "iCloud". Send an email from that, and it goes to the recipient's iMessage inbox.

crp

nosaelg

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if or how this actually worked for you as you described it; but, for me, performing these steps resulted in an email being sent to another email address, not an iMessage to the Messages app.

Are there more steps required to get this going? Or is it truly impossibru?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99