Interesting installation of 10 Preview... suggestions needed...

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I was not ready to put the Windows 10 preview on my Surface Pro 3 - too many bad stories. So, instead, I installed VMPlayer on the SP3 and then made a Virtual Machine of W10 Preview - gave it 2 cores and 2 gigs of RAM and20GB for disk space.. Installed and updated without a hitch.

I am blown away that the VM actually will auto rotate when I take it off the keyboard and turn it to portrait!! Cortana also picks up the microphone and I can talk to it, and it works very well to boot. Regarding the rotation however I have a question: Will Microsoft make the final release so it KNOWS you are in tablet mode and switch by itself or will you always have to actually pick tablet mode from the action center?

Has anyone else tried this? Any suggestions on what I should try in this arrangement?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
It will have several options when keyboard is detached or attached, 1) automatically switch mode, 2) prompt you to switch mode, 3) do nothing, so you could change manually from Action Center. From my understanding, option 2) would be the default in final release, but you can always change it in Settings app.

sbreckbill

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I just have a question i was brave i i installed windows 10 preview for my lumia 1520 my first gen surface pro ok i already took it off my phone after 2 days and was able to restore rather beautifully on my lumia using the restore tool and restore from a back up of my phone i understand that a beta is buggy . i am not complaining i will not run it on phone until final release and even than might just switch to android i been loving the windows phone since 7.0 but microsoft seems to be making it worse ok i stick with them and i will give the chance to redeem themselves enough of that ok so than i tried it on my desktop and well i it had somethings to get use to but i like it but removed it and reinstalled my windows 8.1 and have reserved my free upgrade for my desktop only one reason i stopped using it on desktop my third party internet security does not work and windows defender really no i got adware so i got rid of it sense than i know my security software works on current build that i have a subscription to works but now i will wait til final release and get it so now on to my surface pro first gen i dont like how it functions on my surface and i want to go back but before i did the windows ten preview on my surface i created a usb restore image and i have dont the whole dance to boot from it hold volumn down to get it to boot hold volumn up to get to bios and still it keeps going to windows ten preview is there a tool that firmware put it back like the tool for windows phone or something that can be done i want to put windows 8 back and wont be using windows 10 on my surface if i can avoid it just dont like how it works on my tablet in thery the idea is ok but no impressed in the way it functions on my tablet please any help would be awsome

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05