Build 100130 safe for AMD yet?

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
What have people run into on this? I've been itching to try fast ring, but I know supposedly builds past 100074 had issues with AMD so I've been avoiding it until now. Has anyone else given it a try?

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Build 10074 had issues with everything. It just wasn't stable. Newest build is much better... running on an AMD machine w/ older NVidia graphics card myself.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeaaaah, I installed it and broke windows. Half the apps are broken links. I suppose I'll have to install this clean now.

But that won't stop me from fooling around with it first.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, reinstalled fully.

As soon as I had my network driver in and logged in, the computer then proceeded to redownload the drivers I used on my last install. The screen would flicker every now and then and I'd find something that I didn't expect to return just sitting there. However, any program I attempted to open would auto-close after another flicker, as if the computer was trying to slap my hand away.

The rational side of me knows it probably just kept a record of the stuff I installed on my onedrive. The more conspiratorial side?

New computer overlords anyone?

EDIT: Figured out the issue, related to catalyst driver. Windows blew itself up again after a reboot. 100130 is definitely NOT safe for AMD systems yet!

However, it appears fixable. Gonna work on this for a bit.

Last edited:

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
So far no problems with a radeon 280X after updating to AMDs latest beta 15.5 .. however win 10 keeps downloading the buggy engineering sample driver over it if I run update. YMMV

Last edited:

herho

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6950 card and windows(update) have installed new drivers (from may) that only runs in lowest possible resolution.

Also. The settings for windows update have disappeared so I cant inactivate automatic updates/driver installation.

A complete reinstall didn't help.

San Clemente Moose

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
My AMD experience has been the opposite of what you describe. Build 10074 worked Great on my old Dell Optiplex 740 with an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.5 Ghz. That is until build 10130 came along and ruined everything. Multiple freeze ups (requiring me to pull the power cord) and a total resource hog when it's not frozen up. I mean, even the scroll bar in Firefox was slow responding. 100% CPU usage then too. (Quickly dropped to 10% when I wasn't performing such CPU demanding tasks as moving the up-down scroll bar. I'm not making this up folks). With that I put back my old Vista Hard drive. After being gungho on 10, I am now thinking of just sticking with Vista until support ends in 22 months. 8.1 is just too "cute" (in the pejorative sense of the term) for me to want to waste much time with it. Maybe I will find a cheap ebay offering of 7 and get a few more years that way. It's mainly just audio processing and word processing that I do. Maybe I should just go back to XP and stay offline with it? I could deal with 8.1, or even use a flavor of Linux for the web browsing. But sometimes I need to incorporate some online translation, and not being able to cut/paste could be a nuisance. Why does Microsoft insist on playing games like this? I'm not interested in the latest gadget novelty. Why be constantly throwing that stuff in my face? I have real work to do. I don't have time for silly games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky