Windows 10 Insider Preview not working on my tablet

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I purchased an 8inch Chinese Windows 8 tablet about a year ago and a couple of weeks back I decided to try out windows 10, seeing as the tablet mainly just sits gathering dust anyway. It was all going well, but now when I log on, there is just a grey screen with a white box that moves around with my finger, but nothing else. Windows button won't work, and I've tried restarting. Any ideas on a fix? If not, how can I get it back so its functional again, either with Windows 10 preview or windows 8.1? Before anyone says, I know its preview software and if the tablet is bricked then so be it, just hoping there's a fix!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I purchased an 8inch Chinese Windows 8 tablet about a year ago and a couple of weeks back I decided to try out windows 10, seeing as the tablet mainly just sits gathering dust anyway. It was all going well, but now when I log on, there is just a grey screen with a white box that moves around with my finger, but nothing else. Windows button won't work, and I've tried restarting. Any ideas on a fix? If not, how can I get it back so its functional again, either with Windows 10 preview or windows 8.1? Before anyone says, I know its preview software and if the tablet is bricked then so be it, just hoping there's a fix!

Did you make a W8.1 recovery USB stick with the recovery partition on it? If not (slap wrist), you can probably download an image from somewhere. Keep a recovery stick handy and you can usually get out of anything.

frank pik

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
am in the same boat with an Acer Iconia. The latest update installed but any subsequent updates were impossible whether or not I tried on my own - even for windows defender. Internet worked just fine with internet explorer but everything else from Xbox, to updating windows defended, or just the general updates just would not function whatsoever. Trying to do it myself through USB would start to work until it started trying to download update components (noticed it also refused to update on my PC as well.)
Now it wouldn't let me roll back, I tried to "refresh" and it started to work and now is just stuck on a dark screen if powered on

frank pik

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I was just able to fix mine as much of a pain as it was. Can't speak for u but basically all my hardware drivers were removed. I had an adapter so was able to sign on by plugging in a keyboard to the tablet and then activating the manual Windows cursor to use with my Num pad and then from there was able to TCB and get all the drivers I needed from the manufacturer's website and now it's up and running again albeit at the terrible 10074 build I can't upgrade out of

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes