Why does Windows 10 preview for phone go into a restarting loop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 preview for phone goes to restarting loop

I just have installed Windows 10 preview for phone on my Lumia Icon. It went well. But after transferring step it went to reboot. Since, then it is continuously rebooting. It goes to verizon red page and then vibrates and reboots again. It already has done 10 of times already. Please save me!!!! :(

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 preview for phone goes to restarting loop

MJ (lol) is right, go for the windows phone recovery tool. I hope it connects long enough to recognize the phone.

Before doing that, you might want to try a hard reset

Anna Walker

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 preview for phone goes to restarting loop

I upgraded from 8.1 to 10136 and had no issues for the first hour. Then it suddenly rebooted and started the loop.
I then followed the instructions below. I plugged it into my laptop and as it was rebooting I held the volume down button until I saw the exclamation mark.
Then momentarily press Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down. The phone will reboot and rebuild. Mine rebuilt with 10136. I didn't restore from One Drive so I got a clean install. It has been working great ever since.

Michael Albertin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Solution for "restarting loop" problem

I though this was a joke, but it really works:

1) Right on begin of a (re)boot where the Nokia logo appears: Volume Down until the exclamation mark appears
2) Press Volume Up once
3) Press Volume Down once
4) Press Power once
5) Press Volume Down again

Then the Phone will reboot again and shortly after this, the gears will show up and a fresh installation is starting.
If you do a mistake in the button order, just start again with step 1.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Solution for "restarting loop" problem

Then the Phone will reboot again and shortly after this, the gears will show up and a fresh installation is starting.
If you do a mistake in the button order, just start again with step 1.

Write it down, keep it in front of you, stay calm and you should be fine :excited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99