People App (sorting)

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one totally confused by the lack of a last name sort option to contacts in People? As we do spit and polish on the interface, this option is still missing. Just got yet another update on new icons and small features to Outlook Mail and Calendar but nothing to People.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you talking Windows 10 TP on Desktop?

When I go into Settings in the People app on my W10 for phone, at the top, it has Accounts, followed by Contact list display. under "Contact list display" there is the option to sort by First Name or Last Name. You can also choose to display names by First Name or Last Name.

Since there was work done on W10 since the last desktop release, and since the People app is a universal app, then perhaps you can either try updating the people app through the store or check again with the next build.

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yep, talking about desktop 10130, latest release to Insiders. Since the Beta Store updates the Universal Apps on its own, you cannot uninstall or reinstall. That means my version is the latest release of People.

Having that option to sort in a much earlier Mobile Win release, only underlines the lapse that bothers me.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep, talking about desktop 10130....
Having that option to sort in a much earlier Mobile Win release, only underlines the lapse that bothers me.

W10TP for mobile is on 10136, so it came after desktop 10130. Not a much earlier Mobile release. Just installed it yesterday. People app was updated AFTER I installed it by about 8 hours or so. That means there was a new update that fixed the sorting.

I imagine the next Desktop preview version will have it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa