In Windows 10 Technical Preview why start button is not working now ?

Nagendra nagalla

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
on firstly start button is working later some updates now it was not working.
but my system is working properly. what happened to start button my friends were also phase same problem in my region.

David T-Rex

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Have you edited the settings for the start menu in Settings > Personalisation > Start ?
I did this on a build and the start menu stopped working - turned it back on and it was fine (was show most used apps)
working fine in build 1062 for me now, could be worth a try

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
On 10162 and have had a number of issues with the start button, usually it doesn't respond nor does the notification center, have to restart Windows Explorer to get it responsive. New one today is I logged in and the Start Menu was up but everything was frozen, had to log out and back in.

wykoff tinker

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I *still* have the problem. The start button is entirely frozen - nothing happens. I can get around it, but it is a kludge. Likewise, the Notifications are dead, and it is not updating on the Fast cycle. I'm stuck in 10162, perhaps in John Jay Park in the swimming pool? No response from Microsoft yet after three emails and two weeks...

klaslett

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft are aware of this problem but here is a workaround
Reboot holding down the shift key and keep it pressed until a menu appears on the screen
select the first option Continue booting, this fixes the start button and cortana problems as well as the known auto refresh options occasionally not working

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss