No Sound on Build 10162

VAVA Mk2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I have read across the net that there are a number of people with the same issue, but I am running the technical preview on my older machine (HP dv6000 series) and it uses a Conextant HD Audio 221 driver. I have tried changing the audio quality (none of them work) updating or changing drivers (none of them work) and I have tried restarting the audio services in Windows (did not work). Does anyone have suggestions on getting audio working again? This is annoying. Yes, I know this is why we beta, but this close to launch, it makes me worried about legacy devices (older ones) not working right out of the box with audio well the way that Windows 7 and that beta did.

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Any yellow exclamation points in Device Manager (DM)? My Wifi adapter keeps going in and out randomly and I simply disable and reenable it in DM.

​Another thing you could do is download drivers directly from your manufacturer.

Flavius Cristiu

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I fixed the sound problem.
This solution worked for me:
- right click on sound icon and open playback devices;
- click the current default playback device (in my case Speakers);
- click the Properties button and click on Enhancements tab;
- click to disable allenhancements.
...and the sound appeared.

Maybe another solution (to be verified) is to click the Properties button, click on Advanced tab and change the bit rate (mine is set to the lowest value:16bit, 48kHz);

P.S. Windows 10/build 10162 is the best OS that I have ever seen. I'm truly amazed.

VAVA Mk2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I fixed the sound problem.
This solution worked for me:
- right click on sound icon and open playback devices;
- click the current default playback device (in my case Speakers);
- click the Properties button and click on Enhancements tab;
- click to disable allenhancements.
...and the sound appeared.

Maybe another solution (to be verified) is to click the Properties button, click on Advanced tab and change the bit rate (mine is set to the lowest value:16bit, 48kHz);

P.S. Windows 10/build 10162 is the best OS that I have ever seen. I'm truly amazed.

Dude that worked! You are awesome! As a show of my gratitude, I can give you an invite to the XBox One Preview Program if you are not currently a member and want an invite. Thanks man!

jason hendry1

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
ive tried everything and in builds 158 159 and 162 only stereo otherwise it breaks and I have to restart machine to get stereo back.
This is also from a clean build.
Strangely ive been using 130 build for a few weeks in between, always returning to a formatted hd and reinstalling 8.1 . This last time I was running fine for about 5 days then the sound played up just like in the newer builds. It only did it one time but hum there must be a connection there.
Anyway I'm a very sad person cause I love windows desktop I have gone out and spent money on a sound card, I hope that fixes the issues cause well it doesn't seem to be getting fixed any time soon.

Strangely every time it happens in all the builds my sound shows NVidia dhmi outputs and not pluged in. The problem is my sound options never show NVidia hdmi outputs lol usually its speakers, realtec digital audio and realtec optical that shows in the menu. At a guess I'm thinking NVidia hdmi is the link on my machine, ive never seen it there before lol.

PS: MICROSOFT LINKED EMAIL ACCOUNTS IN 1 INBOX PLSE. JUST LIKE ANDROID ALREADY HAVE ON OUTLOOK LOL.

si1ic0n_gh0st

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Your first suggestion didn't work for me, but changing my default audio format (Advanced tab) to 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality) did the trick. My audio device was set to the lowest quality setting before, and now no quality settings work except this one particular level. Big thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss