07-15-2015 06:47 AM
42 12
tools
    I'm going to wait for the internal testing then because Cities: Skylines has me hooked. :)
    Are you sure it's a driver issue? It's possible that the issue is on Cities: Skylines side and if that's the case they're really good with updating and patching their game.
    07-07-2015 09:30 AM
    Gaming sucks on windows 10... I can't play league, cities: Skylines, game dev tycoon without fps drops every minute!
    kevcole1 likes this.
    07-07-2015 09:38 AM
    What kind of pc do you have? If it's a custom build then drivers/ firmware for windows 10 may not be available yet. I have a surface pro 3 and haven't had any of those issues, possibly because MS has tested extensively with my particular configuration being that it's their hardware.
    07-07-2015 09:39 AM
    Guest Account is missing. It doesn't show on Log-in Screen, even after enable it with CMD.
    That's not a deal breaker though as it's disabled in Account settings AND Group Policy for one very good reason!!!​
    Jazmac likes this.
    07-07-2015 01:10 PM
    I haven't used Edge at all, but sounds like its broken. If it is being written by the same people who have been writing IE for the last 15 years, then im not shocked.
    noersetiawan likes this.
    07-07-2015 01:22 PM
    I haven't used Edge at all, but sounds like its broken. If it is being written by the same people who have been writing IE for the last 15 years, then im not shocked.
    Microsoft really missed an opportunity to make the first true complete HTML5 browser.
    07-07-2015 01:40 PM
    I too am having these issues. Start menu rarely opens, edge browser rarely opens, wifi adapter issues, overall stability issues, etc. I too feel like this will not be ready in time for July 29 release. Im using windows 10 10162 on my Lenovo p500 touch.
    Lumious and noersetiawan like this.
    07-07-2015 01:45 PM
    I havent had issues with this build either.. I did have major problems a couple builds back but doing a 'refresh' fixed them. Maybe that would help you?
    07-07-2015 01:49 PM
    Well I just opened up music and it opens up fast. However, if you do a packet capture you see it is downloading information from the internet to populate the main page and as such will be dependent on your internet connection. It seems all the MS apps are internet dependent. Even something like OneNote synchronizes off the cloud. It opens pretty quick though. I find that if you close and re-open the apps they go much quicker since they probably only check if content is synced instead of downloading anything major.

If the time keeps switching try looking in your bios to see if the wrong time is set in there.
    'Music' is doing pretty much what iTunes does, scanning the disks for music, downloading infromation from the internet, and doing everything I don't want it to do. I don't use iTunes on my MacBook nor on my Hackintosh. So I won't use Music.

Closing and reopening the apps is not a solution. MSFT must do better.

I don't want to be hooked up to the internet all the time. Although my connection is fast and unlimited, apps should ask me before attempting to conncet. Darn it, programs I've installed myself have to ask permission to run (UAC), so I don't think it unreasonable for apps from MSFT to ask permission for internet access.

BIOS time is set correctly. The Hackintosh correctly displays the time, but the setting in Windows just won't stick. I tell it to adjust for daylight saving (or British Summer Time as we call it), the time changes, but upon restart it reverts back. Bothersome niggle.

Mail takes 4 times longer to open than Thunderbird.
    When I open Photos, I'm repeatedly prompted to enter my Microsoft account details. I don't want to sync with OneDrive - it's too clunky and slow.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 02:31 PM
    Installed update 10162 via ISO this time, everything ran well for a day, the following day all the apps were crashing, they open up and zip close down quick. So I reinserted the ISO disk and install it again, clicking on keeping all my files. After install was complete everything was working fine again with no crashes.

I concluded that some files got corrupted somehow and the re-installation corrected the issues, I will continue to monitor and see if the problem does not return. For those experiencing similar type problems I guess that's one way to resolve some of the issues.

Edge IMHO will continue to be a work in progress, even after the Win 10 launch at the end of the month. I will hold off installing Windows 10 on my main system and just continue to use my spare computer during the year once everything is launched and its up and running.

Cortana is finicky with my built in mic on my lap top, half the time it cannot understand what I am saying. What's funny is that it did caution me that my MIC was around before Windows 10 and therefore might not work as well.
    07-07-2015 02:35 PM
    I have none of these bugs on my desktop gaming machine. Even tablet mode works awesomely (I've switched to it a few times to play around). Well I agree with one thing, and that's Edge. Edge will sometimes crash after about an hour of browsing, and sometimes I can't type into text boxes on Edge unless I refresh the page. Other than Edge, everything else is PERFECT for me on this build.
    07-07-2015 06:43 PM
    most of any problems people are experiencing at this point is due to drivers for your hardware and not windows 10, I would wait until it is officially released on July 29th and get updated windows 10 drivers for your hardware.
    neo158 likes this.
    07-07-2015 06:55 PM
    Search for "Open Cortana" or say "Hey Cortana Open Cortana" and it will freeze the entire desktop.

That's great
    07-07-2015 08:53 PM
    most of any problems people are experiencing at this point is due to drivers for your hardware and not windows 10, I would wait until it is officially released on July 29th and get updated windows 10 drivers for your hardware.
    July 29th is not to the public but to manufacturers and insiders. My guess is not all drivers will just appear on that day. Though most notebooks and devices contain standard chipsets etc. So unless yours is for a niche market it should work. But if you wanted to be different then you may have to wait a while. Also ms is likely still working with manufacturers to perfect included drivers. I'm mostly scared to upgrade my pc as it was custom built for gaming. But I'll take the dive anyways as I haven't played as much as I used to. I will definitely do an ISO backup.
    neo158 likes this.
    07-08-2015 05:25 AM
    Agree! I am getting all of that +BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER.
    07-08-2015 02:22 PM
    Yes START not working.

Since an ISO install of 10162 I cannot use it as I cannot open the UI

No feedback this time I guess. - cannot open it !

Brian
    07-15-2015 12:44 AM
    try this:

"
    This seems to have fixed my start menu issue. I was having the same problem as everyone else.

Open powershell as administrator.
    Paste this

$app = Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.WindowsPhone

$app | Remove-AppxPackage

$man = $app.installlocation + "\appxmanifest.xml"

Add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $man

Press enter

Try the start menu now.

It seems that the microsoft phone companion app was causing the problem for me.

Hopefully this helps! Goodluck. "
    07-15-2015 06:47 AM
42 12