Current Unresolved Storage Related Issues With Windows 10--Microsoft, Please Fix These!!!

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The reason I jumped to Windows 10 Technical Preview 10122 from Windows 8.1 was the ability to install Modern apps to a secondary drive such as an SD card. This capability was in earlier previews up until 10149. Now the option to save apps to another drive is grayed out.

I realize that there were problems with most apps installed this way, but I chalked it up to app developers needing to update their apps to deal with the possibility of it being installed anywhere other than the C drive. Some apps even refuse to install anywhere but the default location. Is this a bigger issue than a simple app update?

Another thing that was actually in Windows 8.1 was the ability to save One Drive to another drive (without a hack). This simple feature is now gone from Windows 10 TP. It use to be there, but never worked. Now it's gone. What's the rationale behind this? I don't see the issue because the ability to redirect folders to another drive has been there since Windows 7. What's the deal?

This is a HUGE issue simply because there are alot of tablets out there that start at 16 to 32 GB of storage. After recovery partitions and Windows Updates alot of us are in the single digits in free storage and this is just enough to handle future Windows updates and normal system storage fluctuations. If MS is serious about Windows on tablets, they'll consider fixing these two things because right now it's unacceptable to have a tablet with secondary storage and not being able to choose where you want to install apps. This is seriously getting to be an Apple level of arrogance if this doesn't change. I'm not hopeful of any big changes as MS is just doing some tweaking and bug fixes. Hopefully these two things are categorized as bugs and not features.

Thoughts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss