SD Card as OneDrive location...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I hear you. I haven't figured out exactly how OneDrive works in Windows 10 yet. I wish they could figure out a way to keep the simplicity OneDrive has in Windows 8/8.1. I have hundreds of Gbs on my OneDrive account. My 32 Gb tablets are scared to even think about going there when W10 arrives.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Any updates on this, folks? I am trying to set up OneDrive right now (in Windows 10) on my Surface 3 and Windows 10 gives me an error message stating: "Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected." Honestly, I'm shocked that this one slid by the Windows Insider testing phase. That does not bode well for an official solution (from MSFT), either.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Nothing yet. I just purchased my second hp stream (crazy that my sd card was more than my pc) too. I need this asap for the both of my machines to have proper backups of important docs and pictures...
Our hope is in the Oct update I guess...

Or another program like allway sync.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The work around that CJ Thunder posted DOES work. I have a SP3 with 128GB SSD and a 128GB microSD card. On Win8.1 I could synch my OneDrive to the microSD card with no worries. Now with Windows 10, I can't. I've tried it and it works. My problem was that every so often my SP3 would come out of sleep mode and the microSD card was not recognized. I would have to eject then reinsert the card. Of course, OneDrive would reset itself and I would have to resynch my OneDrive again.

For the record, I'm running the RTM version of Windows 10 (build 10240).

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
The work around that CJ Thunder posted DOES work. I have a SP3 with 128GB SSD and a 128GB microSD card. On Win8.1 I could synch my OneDrive to the microSD card with no worries. Now with Windows 10, I can't. I've tried it and it works. My problem was that every so often my SP3 would come out of sleep mode and the microSD card was not recognized. I would have to eject then reinsert the card. Of course, OneDrive would reset itself and I would have to resynch my OneDrive again.

For the record, I'm running the RTM version of Windows 10 (build 10240).

Exact same issue, logs me/gf out.

So weird.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Evidently, Microsoft has addressed this issue. I had to replace my SP3. While getting everything up and running, I chose my microSD card to synch OneDrive and it worked. During the update process, I saw an update that said, "wait while we update your OneDrive." So, run all of your updates and give it a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss