Windows 10 10162 BSOD, anyone?

joaoalbuquerque

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Installed Windows 10 build 10162. Besides having some bugs, like those described by the member Luminous on his post, I am getting random BSOD's (DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER). I still can't identify what driver is causing this.
Is anyone having the same issue?
Thanks.

joaoalbuquerque

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi neo158,
This was an upgrade from a fresh Windows 8.1 installation, after activated, and after all updates installed.
My system is an Intel Core i5 CPU, graphics from Nvidia (GT 720), 8GB Ram, Board Intel DH55TC.
Never had any BSOD before, nor issues on any previous OS's I've used (Win7, Win8, Win8.1)
Thank you.

pbike908

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Did you do an install from the ISO??? ISO installs appear to be cleaner than going though Windows update. Just sayin...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
What was the last thing you did before the BSOD, I would guess that you were reinstalling drivers and if so then one of them isn't playing nice with Windows 10.

Can you tell me what drivers you are installing and whether they are Windows 10 specific or Windows 7/8/8.1 drivers?

joaoalbuquerque

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
What was the last thing you did before the BSOD, I would guess that you were reinstalling drivers and if so then one of them isn't playing nice with Windows 10.

Can you tell me what drivers you are installing and whether they are Windows 10 specific or Windows 7/8/8.1 drivers?

Hi ?Neo158?, thanks for your reply.
I have just installed Nvidia Windows 10 drivers (beta, from nvidia site). Everything else Windows has the drivers.
I got BSOD's doing many things: Once, just browsing the web on Edge, another one installing Office, and another BSOD when I was doing nothing on the machine. Do you have any idea?

Also, I've contacted Microsoft and they asked me to send them event logs and memory dump files, so I've done that yesterday. Once I get their reply, I'll post it here.
Cheers.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi ?Neo158?, thanks for your reply.
I have just installed Nvidia Windows 10 drivers (beta, from nvidia site). Everything else Windows has the drivers.
I got BSOD's doing many things: Once, just browsing the web on Edge, another one installing Office, and another BSOD when I was doing nothing on the machine. Do you have any idea?

Also, I've contacted Microsoft and they asked me to send them event logs and memory dump files, so I've done that yesterday. Once I get their reply, I'll post it here.
Cheers.

Was the machine stable before installing those drivers?

joaoalbuquerque

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Was the machine stable before installing those drivers?
This is the first time this machine sees Win10. Right after upgrading to Windows 10 10162, from a clean Win 8.1 install, the BSOD started. Then, I picked up Nvidia drivers but BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER continues.
Never had a single BSOD before, nor issues of any kind, on any previous OS's I've used (Win7, Win8, Win8.1). This is an i5 CPU, Intel DH55TC Board, 8GB ram.
Thank you very much for helping me.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you found the source of the problem, my guess is that, IMEO, the BSOD you were experiencing can point to faulty hardware as well as drivers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb