Installed 10166 - Now my Wireless Card Won't Work in Win10

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
So after upgrading to 10166 today my wireless network card isn't able to be enabled in the network adapter screen. Going to Device Manager shows it as working fine, but it won't enable and connect to any networks. It worked fine in all previous builds, and works fine in Win8.1 (dual boot, typing this on Win8.1)

It's a Broadcomm 802.11g Wireless Network Card

Anyone have any suggestions?

halcyonboy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps disable it in device manager, then re-enable and see if that helps? If not then id uninstall it in device manager then scan for hardware changes, let windows 10 reinstall it and see if that fixes it.... Not sure what else to suggest, these things can be frustrating but hopefully you cam get it sorted without too much hassle.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps disable it in device manager, then re-enable and see if that helps? If not then id uninstall it in device manager then scan for hardware changes, let windows 10 reinstall it and see if that fixes it.... Not sure what else to suggest, these things can be frustrating but hopefully you cam get it sorted without too much hassle.

Already tried both of those. Neither worked.

pbike908

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Try updating the device driver in Device Manager by telling it search on the internet. I had a similar problem with the Elan touchpad driver for a couple of the builds and having Windows search for and update the driver fixed the problem for me.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Try updating the device driver in Device Manager by telling it search on the internet. I had a similar problem with the Elan touchpad driver for a couple of the builds and having Windows search for and update the driver fixed the problem for me.
There's a problem with doing that though.

pbike908

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
There's a problem with doing that though.

I don't understand -- open device manager, click on wireless network adapter, click on driver tab, click on update device driver, and then tell it to search on the internet. It will either updated the driver or comeback and tell you that it thinks you have the best driver available. If you have the best driver available, then I have no more suggestions for you.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What kind of pc is it? Uninstall the network card through device manager. If it's a proprietary pc (dell, hp etc) go to their website and download the latest network driver. If you built it yourself get the driver from Broadcomm. If that doesn't work I'd contact Broadcomm and ask if they plan to have a Windows 10 driver ready when it launches on the 29th.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand -- open device manager, click on wireless network adapter, click on driver tab, click on update device driver, and then tell it to search on the internet. It will either updated the driver or comeback and tell you that it thinks you have the best driver available. If you have the best driver available, then I have no more suggestions for you.
If I can't connect to the internet, how am I going to get it to search on the internet for updated drivers?
What kind of pc is it? Uninstall the network card through device manager. If it's a proprietary pc (dell, hp etc) go to their website and download the latest network driver. If you built it yourself get the driver from Broadcomm. If that doesn't work I'd contact Broadcomm and ask if they plan to have a Windows 10 driver ready when it launches on the 29th.
It's one I built myself, so I guess checking their website might work. The weird part is that it shows up as working fine in device manager, but the network section of control panel is where it isn't working.

muitenphale

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I found that after upgrading to build 10166 my Centrino N-2230 Wireless Card is not stable like the previous builds. This may be a bug?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb